Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colgate Will pay for dental check up (until Feb 2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭jc77

Got my cheque today. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Receipts returned yesterday. . .purchased the Colgate stuff on 8 Sept, went to the Dentist on 7 September, they say you can't do that.

The receipt Smiles issued me with isn't detailed enough (or so they say) :mad:

They say I have 30 days to send in new ones from the date of their letter (23/10) however their own franking machine has a date of 2 November !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Doh! Still haven't sent in my receipts.

Is it too late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Peter B wrote: »
    Doh! Still haven't sent in my receipts.

Is it too late?

Msg 6 on the first page of this thread:

The closing date for the receipt of applications is 15th February 2011. All entries after this date will be deemed invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Receipts returned yesterday. . .purchased the Colgate stuff on 8 Sept, went to the Dentist on 7 September, they say you can't do that.

The receipt Smiles issued me with isn't detailed enough (or so they say) :mad:

They say I have 30 days to send in new ones from the date of their letter (23/10) however their own franking machine has a date of 2 November !

Mine was even MORE Ridiculous, after more than 2 bloody months of waiting for a dam reply, when they stated it would be no sooner than '28 days'... yeah spot on !!! They refused my application because I purchased my products both on the same day 2nd September and had the procedure done in smiles O'Connell street minutes after. And because there was no day time stated on my smiles dental receipt, they refused it ! Saying the date didn't precede the when the products were bought, (when I bloody did purchase them before the dentist visit, they also said that the smiles dental receipt didn't clearly specify a scale and polish or check up, however the bill was 50 quid, what other ****ing dental services can you get for less than 50? It doesnt take a forensic scientist to discover what kind of service I carried out ! They will use the slightest excuse to refuse you your entitled refund, It would be interesting to see the percentage of applications they accepted. I mean how much ****ing terms do they want met, the promotion was in association with the Irish dental association for the oral health month. They both just carried this campaign out to boost dental visits and their own sales, I highly doubt their are loosing any profits with this promotion if not generating profits from it! Well they robbed me of 65 quid anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't understand Maverick, are you complaining because you did not follow the terms of the promotion?
    The purchase date of the Colgate products must precede that of the dental visit.
    The receipt must clearly detail the check up or scale and polish treatment and the amount paid.
    They did not rob you of anything. However, you can legitimately complain about the fact that they did not respond to you within one month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Excuse me !!!!????? I did follow the dam terms terms and conditions ! Did you not read my complaint??? I stated that the dam idiots wont accept my application because there is no time stated on the dental invoice, and no not a date, a TIME! I purchased both the products and carried out the procedure on the SAME DAY! and they wont accept that! It was not in one way my fault that smiles dental company dont place a time on their receipt like all companies should anyway! Anyway what difference does it make whether I carry out the procedure first or not! ( Which I didnt anyway!) And they did rob me of my money ! Your just lucky you got your refund check and your just blustering on people that unethically didn't receive theirs.

It's not to do with the time, it's the date. Terms are outlined earlier in the thread and here
    - A single receipt showing the purchase of all 4 Colgate items as detailed above, the date of which must precede that of the check up or scale and polish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pretty_Princess

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's not to do with the time, it's the date. Terms are outlined earlier in the thread and here
    - A single receipt showing the purchase of all 4 Colgate items as detailed above, the date of which must precede that of the check up or scale and polish

The receipt must precede the date; however dentists were selling colgate products on the day of the appointment themselves and issuing receipts for the same date...

Just get Smiles to issue a new invoice with time on it. Myself and a friend went to two different dentists and none of the invoices had time on them, only the date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Excuse me !!!!????? I did follow the dam terms terms and conditions ! Did you not read my complaint??? I stated that the dam idiots wont accept my application because there is no time stated on the dental invoice, and no not a date, a TIME! I purchased both the products and carried out the procedure on the SAME DAY! and they wont accept that! It was not in one way my fault that smiles dental company dont place a time on their receipt like all companies should anyway! Anyway what difference does it make whether I carry out the procedure first or not! ( Which I didnt anyway!) And they did rob me of my money ! Your just lucky you got your refund check and your just blustering on people that unethically didn't receive theirs.

"Which I didn't anyway...."
    Lay off the cap's, stop whinging and grow a pair.
    Terms and conditions clearly set out, the majority of people managing to followthem without any hassle or confusion. The fact you purchased products AFTER your appointment voids the terms and conditions.

No wonder Colgate have to take so longer to filter through each and every claim when people like you clearly set out to abuse what is a very good offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

If you get a checkup and a scale and polishing, and say the total cost is 90 euro (45 for each) will they refund 65 of just 45?

jimogr wrote: »
    If you get a checkup and a scale and polishing, and say the total cost is 90 euro (45 for each) will they refund 65 of just 45?

You'll get a refund only for one procedure, so you'd get €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

You'll find it as an attachment on this thread...

W.

Sorry but Re the application form where do I find the attachment on a thread?
    It seems to be gone off the site.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

LK1 wrote: »
    Sorry but Re the application form where do I find the attachment on a thread?
    It seems to be gone off the site.

Thanks

have a look at Post No. 108

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    have a look at Post No. 108

Great thanks a mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

so glad I found this thread... was wondering if I had done something wrong when applying cos I had the tesco issue as well with not showing colgate on the receipt. Send everything off late september so I guess i just have to wait. Hope it comes before the christmas post starts going though! Id say they didnt realize how many people would take this up. thats what happens when the government decides to cut dental care from the medical card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Please allow 28 days for cheque delivery. Cheques will only be made payable to the person whose name appears on the claim form.

Sent receipts during 1st week in October still waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Zamboni wrote: »
    Sent receipts during 1st week in October still waiting...

I got a call from my dentist a couple of weeks back saying that colgate were sending back the applications that they had sent in on clients behalf.reason they got is that they didn't write on the application what products the client bought from them.They were to send the application back out to me and the dentist asked me to forward it to them for completion.So far I have not received anything from Colgate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

Anyone here receive a refund with a Tesco receipt ? I rang my dentist today and they said there was a problem with Tesco ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

golfdiva wrote: »
    Anyone here receive a refund with a Tesco receipt ? I rang my dentist today and they said there was a problem with Tesco ?

I got mine over a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Still nothing here, also sent mine back in September..

Anyone even have a contact source to inquire/complain about this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

brk3 wrote: »
    Still nothing here, also sent mine back in September..

Anyone even have a contact source to inquire/complain about this??

How about a bit of patience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I can't recall and I can't be arsed looking back, but didn't the terms and conditions suggest refunds could take until Feb?
    Put away the pitchforks for now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

whiterebel wrote: »
    I got mine over a week ago.

Was your receipt itemised with a description of each product ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

golfdiva wrote: »
    Was your receipt itemised with a description of each product ?

No, as I said in a previous post, I had called Colgate, put a note in as instructed, and waited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I see a lot of posts on here saying they got their refunds. I know terms and conditions said Feb, but Im just wondering are most ppl still waiting or have most ppl received cheques?

I see a lot of posts on here saying they got their refunds. I know terms and conditions said Feb, but Im just wondering are most ppl still waiting or have most ppl received cheques?

How do you know the t&c's say February?
    It was stated a few pages back why the waiting time is longer than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just got my cheque in the post this morning, give it time the cheque will arrive :)

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I can't recall and I can't be arsed looking back, but didn't the terms and conditions suggest refunds could take until Feb?
    Put away the pitchforks for now imo.

Nope it was up to 28 days, but seems its taking them a bit longer than that (am personally still waiting).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Got mine today. Sent application in mid Sept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

3 cheques this morning for the family.

As the person who instigated this in our house (and paid for the visits and the colgate) I have no qualms about lodging the cheques to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

only getting around to sending away for offer now,

does anyone have a webpage link for the application form to send off?

or do you just include the receipts and give your details?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

shineon23 wrote: »
    only getting around to sending away for offer now,

does anyone have a webpage link for the application form to send off?

or do you just include the receipts and give your details?

Have to have application form, i posted it way back, think its post 108 on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

cheers found it eventually

thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Shouldnt this thread be marked as EXPIRED?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Scruff wrote: »
    Shouldnt this thread be marked as EXPIRED?
    Why?? People are informing others as to how long it took them to receive the cheque! I think you can apply upto Feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bodbod

That's correct. Their site states: The closing date for the receipt of applications is 15th February 2011. All entries after this date will be deemed invalid.

More info can be found at:http://www.colgate.ie/app/OralHealthMonth/IE/ClaimForm.cvsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I have the receipt with all the stuff on it (bought mid-September), but didn't manage to get to the dentist in time. Shíte! If anyone wants them, send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Pet wrote: »
    I have the receipt with all the stuff on it (bought mid-September), but didn't manage to get to the dentist in time. Shíte! If anyone wants them, send me a PM.

pm sent :-)
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Pet wrote: »

Why don't you ask the dentist if they can back-date the receipt?

• Advertisement

Anyone still waiting for their receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fantastico

Sent mine in end of Sep / early Oct and still haven't received anything, probably will give them a call to investigate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Fantastico wrote: »
    Sent mine in end of Sep / early Oct and still haven't received anything, probably will give them a call to investigate!

Don't worry, I sent mine in mid September, and I received the cheque last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

Got my cheque today:) I remember getting my application in fairly early

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

thanks for those who texting about receiving. still hope ha ha . Anybody contacted them? how? Time to know contact :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

got my cheque today! Whoo hoo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ms X

Just got word today that my claim was rejected as Boots had applied 3/2. Boots were running a massive promotion in store telling people about it and pushing it without mentioning that none of their customers would be eligible........ :(

Anybody get any come back on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Ms X wrote: »
    Just got word today that my claim was rejected as Boots had applied 3/2. Boots were running a massive promotion in store telling people about it and pushing it without mentioning that none of their customers would be eligible........ :(

Anybody get any come back on this?

Got the same thing; bought my stuff in SuperQuinn and I didn’t know that they were doing 3 for 2 (was doing a big shop) so I was given a Toothbrush at no charge..... So get this; I too was rejected!?! Tell me why they would run such a promotion alongside the 4 BOUGHT items promotion?!

Seems to me to stink of a rip off! So what’s new today the punter been swizzled out of our hard earned money…?

I don’t even use their bloody products and I wouldn’t of if the Dentist hadn’t tipped me off about the promotion to start with!

Is there anyone out there with any sort of ethical or moral radar that stops them taking the piss out of us….

Congratulations Colgate for pulling a fast one…… :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't understand why people avail of promotions without reading the terms and conditions, and then complain about the fact they failed to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't understand why people avail of promotions without reading the terms and conditions, and then complain about the fact they failed to comply.

Really... it must be great to be so perfect! Is that your contribution then? Or have you any more worldly bits of wisdom to pass on…. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement