Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Swords or Santry

Options
  • 31-08-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello everybody,

I am starting a new job in Swords in a couple of weeks. I am currently living in the midlands and I am wondering if I should move to Swords to be close to work or to Santry to be closer to town but still not too far to commute by bus.
    I really liked Swords when I was there, but my boyfriend works in the city centre (he has a car and weird hours so no rush hour for him) and he thinks it would be better to move to Santry, because it is not so far out. It seems there is plenty of buses going from Santry up to Swords but I read somewhere that you shouldn't rely on the 41 bus too much, because its delayed a lot.
    Any suggestions on what would be the nicer area to live?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You'll have either the 41/41c/33 going out to Swords past Santry so you wouldn't be waiting too long for a bus I don't think.

Swords has a nice village feel to it yet has nearly everything you could need. Santry is nearer to the city centre but doesn't have the same village feel. Santry to me is basically Omni S.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i lived in santry for a while. but now live in rush.

i go to swords quite a lot. although i have not lived in swords if i had the choice i would live in swords rather than santry.

its literally only an extra 10 min drive for your boyfriend. and its an overall nicer place i think. the amenities are retty much the same but better/nicer.

you will find with the local pubs and restruants you will be going into town a lot less as its a good place to head out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Brady

Try Donabate?

Great location, you got the Beach, Train station the M1 and nice village all in the area. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jennz1907

I think as well that Swords has this nice village feel about it.

Donabate is way too far out according to my boyfriend. "If we move there we might as well stay in Athlone, its the same distance ;)" was his reaction.

Thanks for the answers I convinced him now that Swords is the better option :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Jennz1907 wrote: »
    It seems there is plenty of buses going from Santry up to Swords but I read somewhere that you shouldn't rely on the 41 bus too much, because its delayed a lot.
    Any suggestions on what would be the nicer area to live?

Thanks

The SwordsExpress is an alternative. Pricey but quick into or out of the city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement