Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Free Choice Modules' in Applied Biosciences.

• 31-08-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

The Applied Biosciences course has a couple of 'free choice modules' as Electives.
    Does this mean you can sit in on other lectures, or is it a self-directed learning kind of set-up?
    It would be interesting to stray from the field a bit by sitting in on Botany or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

The Applied Biosciences course has a couple of 'free choice modules' as Electives.
    Does this mean you can sit in on other lectures, or is it a self-directed learning kind of set-up?
    It would be interesting to stray from the field a bit by sitting in on Botany or something.

You can sit any electives from any area as long as they are the level of whats required for your course. The only problem is that its generally difficult to find one that might fit into your timeslot, but your department always have set electives that are related to your course that will work in your timeslot.

With CIT being so unorganized I always get a headache with free choice electives as the timetable can change a lot for the first couple of months. Mine has changed over 10 times before. Talking to your head of department or tutor would be the best thing when you go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SamArkand

Hi RocketFalls, I'm starting in on year 2. Direct entry as had biology previously years back. I picked the module "BIOT6004 - Introductory Forensic Science" http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/3380 for semester 3, it seemed interesting. I've left the elective blank for semester 4 as I would like to take a look around and see what's available timetable wise for February.
    I didn't get any pointers on this when I spoke with the bio dept folks, guess it's just supposed to work itself out come the 13th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

i got this course and am going into year 1. can someone explain elective modules to me if u dont mind ?
    im kinda worried. what happens if i dont like it? i mean, science full stop. can i transfer to business etc? oh god im worried now haha

Advertisement