Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merit Placing

• 31-08-2010 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Just phoned recruitment, merit places are out I'm mid-low 400's...don't really know how good/bad that is but woman said I've been forwarded for medical which can't be bad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I got the same AC score as you, so I suppose I'll be near enough to you.Can you remember what you scored in the IST?

I bet you have just caused a lot of excitment and forum activity should pick up again soon.......

Thanks for posting.

I'm in the 440s - doubt there has ever been a nrc get in with merit placing that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kizwiz

100-120 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Ola once again amigos

Phoned up there and spoke to the person in the know - poor thing is in the office by themself on a day like this with everyone phoning!

Anywho, I'm between 90 & 100, not sure if that's good or not, or if it will be enough, but fingers crossed and back to waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Got my merit placing.

As mediocre as I expected. 700-720. Guess thats me out this time round. Feeling a bit dejected.

One thing though it has spurred me on to reapply again when it comes around. I KNOW I could pick up another 6-8 marks and that would put me in the running no matter what.

Will take it as a learning experience and use it to better myself as I know know that the IST and AC is withing my capabilities.

Good luck folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Mod Note : Folks easy to get over-excited at this time but don't forget do not post exact merit scores on this public forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

(Apologies to admin staff on the phones today!)

wanadrum wrote: »
    Delancey42 - would it be ok to post the telephone number on the thread to save pm's?

Afraid not Wanadrum ( I see where you're coming from ). Alas all too easy for any malicious individual to make crank calls having gotten the number here ( might also delay ME getting my score ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Not sure how uptodate this is but there is some useful information on this PDF, again not sure how old this is, so the information could be out dated now

http://www.psni.police.uk/police_recruitment.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

200-210 last year and only 350-360 this year! Boooooooooo lol

• Advertisement

got my score and well-pleased too . well inside the top 50 !

Folks I will be on for a while and I will PM the number out to all who seek it

hotelglo - what was your AC score mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

180-200rc that's me happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

After a ten minute wait I got through.

They said there had been lots of call this afternoon for some reason.

Any way I was under 310 for a NRC. Which was a big improvement from last time.

Anyone know how that leaves my chances?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Gee-22 wrote: »
    They said there had been lots of call this afternoon for some reason.

I did LOL..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

hotelglo - what was your AC score mate?

56 this year, cant remember last year but definitely not over 60. A bit disapointed but hey!!

psni wrote: »
    I did LOL..

What do you mean? Was that you?

psni wrote: »
    (Apologies to admin staff on the phones today!)
    What do you mean? Was that you?

No. It's just that they're not equipped to take all these calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

im 610-620.

aww well. least i no my chances now which in a way is comforting...now to focus my efforts on improving for the next time...whenever that shall be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

I should've warned the poor woman on the phone I'd be informing you all lol!

Congrats delancey that's excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

hey got merit placing high 500's im rc, so did few sums in my head dont think im too badly off, will just have to ride it out now

• Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

Just got my merit placing of 760-780, AC result 52.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

1986j wrote: »
    Got my merit placing.

As mediocre as I expected. 700-720. Guess thats me out this time round. Feeling a bit dejected.

One thing though it has spurred me on to reapply again when it comes around. I KNOW I could pick up another 6-8 marks and that would put me in the running no matter what.

Will take it as a learning experience and use it to better myself as I know know that the IST and AC is withing my capabilities.

Good luck folks!

did you not get vetting and medical?doubt they'd spend the money on you if you weren't in with a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

After a 15 min wait, finally got through...
    I'm between 170-190 so happy enough with that, asked why I hadnt received any vetting forms and the girl said that I should have them shortly so happy days:):):)

What a lovely pleasant woman she was too:rolleyes:

She was a very pleaseant lady!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Canardly

Hi first time on the forum, just got my results back and i have put my verification forms in at a month ago if not more does that mean i would be able to attain a merit number if i phoned? Have people from this april-june's tests gotten medicals yet?

Also can someone pm the number for the merit list and il try it and see?

Thank you

Yeah , very pleasant woman .

Folks its gone 1700 hrs and I guess they will be closed now - anyone who needs the phone number just leave a post on here or PM me and I will send it out later this evening.

Congratulations on some impressive score ranges there and thanks for helping out with PM'ing numbers and for NOT posting exact scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kc29

out of interest folks how many places are there on the merit list?

ie what does it go up to before people arent assigned a placing

Can anyone confirm - is the merit list the number you got before or after the 50/50 split?

• Advertisement

Can anyone confirm - is the merit list the number you got before or after the 50/50 split?

The Merit list is independent of 50/50 and is the merit scores of ALL applicants who passed the AC. The list is compiled before 50/50 kicks in.

delancey42 wrote: »
    The Merit list is independent of 50/50 and is the merit scores of ALL applicants who passed the AC. The list is compiled before 50/50 kicks in.

Thanks good cheers.

Here's hoping there are 200 RCs above me on the list.

Maybe just maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for a freeze for a year and then maybe a full intake of 8-10 for a year.

A few crude sums I done in my head.

Someone wrote on the forum that if you are non-rc and your beyond 330ish on merit list you do not have a chance.

That would mean that in the top 330, 110 are RC's

Maybe in the top 660 then 220 are RC's.

Means that any RCs as low as 750-800 could be in with a chance. (seen people say this before on the forum) providing there was a full intake.

I also know a current officer who was in teh first intake of his campaign and he was RC and 156th. Incredibly frustrating that 3 more marks would have put me 100s of places higher.

Like I said my own doing, nobody had any influence on my score other than myself. Next time I KNOW I will be more prepared and able as it was my first time at AC.

Long wait ahead lol

Has anyone any info from c15. e.g Low merit places for RC's and the lowest know merit score etc? Vince Coupon perhaps?

I'm hoping there are 220 or more RC's above me, and a few NRCs who have colourful past or medically unfit - how selfish of me???

First, cheers everybody who pm'ed me the number so quickly earlier, I had literally 5 mins left on my lunch and was bricking it incase I didn't get it in time and had to wait!

As I suspected...terrible...840's :mad::mad:
    I knew it was going to be bad before I rang but that really did hurt when it sunk in just how bad it is :(

God help them people on the phones today though, the first bloke put me through to the wrong bit, I was like ooh sorry etc etc, she was like "Aah never worry, they've been doing this all day to me, phones never stopped and it's not even for me" Poor souls :D

Congrats everyone, some impressive numbers here...one in particular amazingly good but I'm sure I don't even have to say your name, you know who you are!

Hey pluginbaby2112,

I think it is an achievement even to have got this far - and dont forget, 1 mark could put you up 100 places or more!!

I think you and I may both be applying next time they start a campaign.

Funny I was talking to a frien who recently passed out of GV - he got 54 at ac, is NRC and got in about halfway through the campaign of appointments. I got 55 at ac and am in the 440s on merit list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

Delancy or anyone, would you pass the important number this way too! please.

judging by AC scores relationship to merit placing, i'm gonna guess 300+ for me with a 57 AC score

• Registered Users Posts: 11 meeky

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a nuisance but could anyone in the know PM me the number so I can get confirmation of the death of my application?

Oh and congratulations to all those with the great scores, what a feeling that must be!

Cheers

Hey pluginbaby2112,

I think it is an achievement even to have got this far - and dont forget, 1 mark could put you up 100 places or more!!

I think you and I may both be applying next time they start a campaign.

Funny I was talking to a frien who recently passed out of GV - he got 54 at ac, is NRC and got in about halfway through the campaign of appointments. I got 55 at ac and am in the 440s on merit list.

It's quite scary to think of the difference one little mark could make!

But yeah, I'm trying to get it into my head that no matter what your merit score ends up, we've all done pretty damn good to get this far really. As the feedback report says "Overall you have met the standard required to be a police trainee" Cool...so...how about it then :D We're all good enough, we've all still passed, just too many of you swots out there have done better than some of us :P

I will be back, no doubt about that, failure really does hit me hard but it sure as hell won't stop me.

And you's need'nt think you're getting rid of me off this forum either because I did so bad, I'll keep lurking...oh yes I'll keep lurking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

was thinking about the way marks used to be handed out in school, then your place in the class worked out.

lets say, 3 students scored 70 out of 100, a score of 70 got you placed 10th in the class, these 3 students all got placed 10th! the next person started at 14th,you get me! at least thats how it was done in my school

delancy, will you fire me over the number to call for merit score, when you get a chance buddy! be interested to see my score in relation to yours, done worse this year in my ist, slipped through 1 mark over the pass mark,(bit cocky i think!) i'm sitting one above you in the ac score, so it'll show if "over all" scores comes into play, we'll crack this process yet mate!

vetting must be ongoing, got my forms in the post this morning, left a bit of info out, ooops!

A girl on this forum got the same score in AC as me but I am a few places higher on the merit list.

It must be AC score first then if people have same score IST comes into play.

• Advertisement

1986j wrote: »
    A girl on this forum got the same score in AC as me but I am a few places higher on the merit list.

It must be AC score first then if people have same score IST comes into play.

Spot on ! The AC is far and away the more important one but when you consider that there are possibly a hundred or more people with the same AC score then you can see how a good IST can help.

Thats what they did at my school too!

I bet you have a very low merit number and will get in first intake when it eventually happens. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

actually, what i posted doesn't make sense, if 3 peolpe are on the same score, you still have 3 in front of you, doh!

In case anyone is thinking this thread has shrunk they'd be right - I deleted a lot of posts requesting the recruitment phone number( after replying to them I might add ) . Feel free to post new requests for it though but again take care not to post the number on the forum - PM only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gert61

I'd appreciate the number PM'd not that hopeful though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Likewise,as much as im dreading the result,i just need to know,could you pm me the number please.

Gert & triple - number sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 king_eric

This is testing a new competency, trying to get this number. Competency 8 - Patience. I've tried 3 times to get through, been told that the lady who so many of you found helpful yesterday is off and they think there is someone covering. I've been cut off twice and no-one really knows who's supposed to deal with these phone calls today.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

king_eric wrote: »
    This is testing a new competency, trying to get this number. Competency 8 - Patience. I've tried 3 times to get through, been told that the lady who so many of you found helpful yesterday is off and they think there is someone covering. I've been cut off twice and no-one really knows who's supposed to deal with these phone calls today.

or maybe its Resilience they are testing you again :p wonder if the lady yesterday got that many calls yesterday just thought nah im not doing that again lol

seen a few names asking for the phone number there.

Would be good if everyone could post their AC score and merit placing range so we can all see where we stand, and if/when appointments are being made, we know when not to get excited.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement