Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you view www.kfmradio.com?

• 31-08-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

This might be more to do with a computer issue, but I thought I'd start with the Radio forum.

One of the people in my company is trying to access www.kfmradio.com ( she uses it to listen live and keep an eye on the Obituaries page ).

Anyhow, it's not working for any of us here ( the page just doesn't load, with a standard 'Internet Explorer cannot display the web page' error ). We're using IE8 and I've also tried it with IE7.

I doubt the website is down completely ( and it's been a few weeks now ) so I'm thinking it's something on our side.

So, can any of you access this website? Whether you'd want to or not is another thing entirely... :)

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

No prob getting into it from here ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Callan57 wrote: »
    No prob getting into it from here ....
    Likewise.

Your IT Admin has probably blocked it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Heh heh... I am the IT Admin! :) If it's blocked then it's nothing I know about, as far as I'm aware we don't have anything blocked here ( and I can view a lot worse than www.kfmradio.com! ).

Thanks for both of you for checking it though. I presume you're using IE7 or IE8? I'll have to look to see how or why it might be blocked...

J.

jasonb wrote: »
    I presume you're using IE7 or IE8?
    Firefox

Ah, could someone try it with IE7 or IE8 and let me know if it's working for them? Thanks!

J.

• Advertisement

Just did it on Explorer 8 and it's working too.

Cool... Thanks for checking that for me. It must be a setting here, I'll have to go looking!

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

could be a DNS issue, or maybe just reboot your routing device...

Try going to Command Prompt and typing PING www.kfmradio.com, and see if it resolves to the right IP address. It should be 67.15.250.3

Interesting... The ping resolves the right address, but fails with the usual 'request timed out'. So it knows where it should be looking, but can't find it!

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

You're the IT admin guy? :eek:

Yeah... yeah... I know! The reason why this is throwing me is that I know I haven't got anything blocked! :)

Anyhow, I've done a tracert and I can see where it's timing out, and I've sent that to my ISP who'll hopefully sort out the problem...

J.

Have you tried other PCs behind the same router, rebooting/resetting the router, maybe trying a spare router in it's place.... Ring the provider and ask them is there a problem with routing to that IP address.

Yep, all other PCs in the building have the same problem. Haven't been able to reboot the router and won't be able to until Sunday. I'll see if my ISP find anything / can do anything before Sunday...

J.

Well if all the PCs behind that same router are experiencing the same problem, then the router is the first thing I would start with... (assuming that you have no proxy server in between)..

If you needed to get it up and running quickly, you could set one client to use a free Internet proxy.. this could bypass whatever issues that your router / ISP routing issues are, until you get a chance to reboot or swop the router.

Thanks for all the advice. Nope, no proxies involved either, just our router and firewall. There's no rush either ( I mean, kfmradio for god's sake? ;) ) so I'll just reboot them on Sunday and see if my ISP finds anything.

J.

Advertisement