Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What insurances are required to open a pub?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Any ideas? Obviously premises insurance and public liability? Any others?
    tanx
    F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 benny306

Hi Freiheit,

You will also need Employers Liability Insurance to cover the cost of any employee who becomes injured or ill due to working in the pub.

There are optional extra covers as well that would probably be recommended such as:

Contents cover which obviously would cover the contents within the pub

Business Interruption - would cover loss of income if business is interrupted.

Legal Expenses cover

Stock - would cover alcohol etc...

Most commercial insurers would have a scheme or package to cover all of this under one policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Trampas

employers liability i think also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Thanks all, I should have specified, as I do in another thread,I am considering renting out my pub and want to know what insurances are required. I don't intend employing anyone myself. Is it usually the responsibility of the tenant or landlord to pay for/provide such insurances?.

Tanx again
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 44 benny306

If you're considering renting to pub you will need a Property Owners Policy.

A property owners policy would usually cover you for your Buildings, Contents, Loss of Rent, Liability and Legal expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Thanks, danke schoen, Any recommendations for providers?.

• Advertisement
Advertisement