Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on child support

Options
  • 31-08-2010 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I'm trying to find out how much maintenance a husband on job seekers allowance (€ 204) would has to pay his wife with 3 children between the ages of 5 and 8.(wife is also on jba) if they split up.Is there any Irish site that calculates this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There isn't a site to calclate this, it's what ever the parents agree on and if they can't agree then it's what a judge thinks is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

way me and my ex done it was wrote down all expenses for month, took away child benefit and divided that figure in half and thats what he pays.

You need to figure out thought is the maintenance going to include back to school cost or will you split that in half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Check this out to work out a figure

http://www.solo.ie
    In the section about maintenance it gives a spread sheet to calculate maintenance.

However, this is just a guide. It also depends on what the parents earn etc.

According to this spreadsheet I should be getting €120 per week maintenance. I get nothing. C'est la vie. :)

Advertisement