Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB to JSA

• 31-08-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    My JSB is running out in 2 weeks time. I did the means test for JSA about a month ago. I contacted my local office today but they were unable to tell me how much I will receive (if anything) via JSA.

My wife earns approx 2500 pm after PRSI. She pays 5 p/w on union dues. Our rent is 620pm. Would anyone be able to ballpark what I will get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Ballpark? Almost certainly less than €50, and probably closer to €0, if not in fact €0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

Its guessing that I'm trying to avoid........ I'm coming up with a figure of about 30 a week. Does anyone know if this seems accurate?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

Anything Anyone says will be a Wild Guess. A means Test takes a lot into account, with your wifes earnings and possibly savings.

However i would expect that you will probably be found means in Excess. If that is the case, you should still sign for Credits.

A salary of 32k a year isnt exactly luxury living, I never realised the JSA criteria were so harsh! Savings are sub 20k. It should be fairly black & whits, as it is only the two of us.

• Advertisement

I cant get an answer out of the welfare office, I keep getting transferred. Does anyone know how to calculate this?

Whats the practicality of the transition? Do I keep signing at the regular interval? Or is it a different interval to JSB?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

All the information you need on your question is on welfare.ie
    all!

well aren't you a friendly chappy,

chappy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

JamBur wrote: »
    well aren't you a friendly chappy,
    chappy!

Why yes, yes I am.

seriously though, the nice people at welfare publicise in miniscule obfuscating detail on welfare.ie how they go about serving the public and their entailing criteria.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why yes, yes I am.

seriously though, the nice people at welfare publicise in miniscule obfuscating detail on welfare.ie how they go about serving the public and their entailing criteria.

Its this flood of information that leads to the publics confusion. Sometimes simplicity is a God-send. On their criteria I'm working out that we are not eligible for a single shiny cent. I guess I'm clutching at straws and hoping that there is something I'm missing. Different people have worked out figures varying from 0 to 74.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

My husband was means tested in 2007. I was earning roughly the same as your wife and we were entitled to nothing.

Trish2007 wrote: »
    My husband was means tested in 2007. I was earning roughly the same as your wife and we were entitled to nothing.

Thats what I'm fearing, thanks for the info, forewarned is forearmed, and all that.

Advertisement