Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

get out of contract because of no reception

Options
  • 31-08-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Is it possible to get out of a contract (meteor) if I've moved house and the new house has no reception?

Rang meteor about this and they said no as it was my choice to move but that seems a bit weird to me....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

A mobile telecommications service with no movement? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

aodhu wrote: »
    Is it possible to get out of a contract (meteor) if I've moved house and the new house has no reception?

Rang meteor about this and they said no as it was my choice to move but that seems a bit weird to me....

They can't/won't guarantee indoor reception AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

JustinOval wrote: »
    They can't/won't guarantee indoor reception AFAIK.

No it won't but if it won't work in your house they should let you out of contract.

OP Change your address with customer care before calling tech support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

No it won't but if it won't work in your house they should let you out of contract.

Why though?

JustinOval wrote: »
    Why though?

Because the phone won't work where you need it, Most networks will allow you out of contract once you've proven no network. It all has to be done through tech support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I'm wondering the same.

Have an iphone with the 3 network. I rang the tech support. He pulled up a coverage map, told me the whole area is in blue (good) except for a red blotch (bad) that;s pretty much over my house.
    Basically, tough luck.... move house.

Seems like fcking bull**** to me though. No service in the downstairs of my house, and only sometimes upstairs. It's a friggin joke.

And I'm stuck for another 17.5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Most Networks arguments in these situations will be the contract was sold to you on the basis of Coverage at the address you signed up at.

You then have a 14 day cooling off period to cancel without penalty if you have no coverage, or any other issue with the service.

That said, there not providing you with a service at home, argue, email them, write a letter if needs be, they'll get tired and let you leave.

jimbling wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same.

Have an iphone with the 3 network. I rang the tech support. He pulled up a coverage map, told me the whole area is in blue (good) except for a red blotch (bad) that;s pretty much over my house.
    Basically, tough luck.... move house.

Seems like fcking bull**** to me though. No service in the downstairs of my house, and only sometimes upstairs. It's a friggin joke.

And I'm stuck for another 17.5 months.

Have you tried your sim in a different phone, still the same problem?, you should at the least have 2G coverage. The iphone isn't the best phone in the world for reception, have you asked about maybe exchanging it for a Galaxy S or sell it on adverts and get a Galaxy or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Have you tried your sim in a different phone, still the same problem?, you should at the least have 2G coverage. The iphone isn't the best phone in the world for reception, have you asked about maybe exchanging it for a Galaxy S or sell it on adverts and get a Galaxy or something else.

Jimbling you mentioned that the person in 3 pulled up a map and it showed as blue..well you see the customer care people dont seem to realise that the covergae map dont mean crap at all its so unaccurate and cant take into account that differant buildings will get differant signals...do you have 2G signal from vodafone as 3 use them as back up..i agree with drunkmonkey the iphone is not that great for reception on all networks reception is poor with this phone..but even if you get 2G signal its not much use for browsing or using iphone apps witout 3G signal the 3 network is no more than just a call and text service..i have 3G signal 98% of the time in my house and 100% signal in relitives houses that have a line of sight with the 3 Mast

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

about 4 months, it's just a huge pain to have to go outside the door to make a phone call :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

jimbling wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same.

Have an iphone with the 3 network.

make sure your holding it the right way :)

Advertisement