Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering a tattoo

Options
  • 31-08-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Im considering covering a tattoo on my inner wrist. Its about the size of a 1 Euro coin and its solid black.

Ive heared that you cant just cover up a tattoo with a slightly bigger one. Is there any truth to this and can black ink be covered easily enough??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

from what i know about coverups it will have to be darker and bigger, so if your tattoo is already solid black then a cover up will also have to be solid black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Yup, solid black and must be bigger. Also, a lot of covered up tattoos will still show through your new one, although this will only be noticeable to you or someone with a keen eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Thanks. It was my first tattoo. I didnt know much about inking at the time and I just asumed that color ink could be used over black.

Doesnt matter I might be able to come up with a design that incorporates the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Can I ask how you ended up with a black circle on your wrist in the first place?

R

It this http://www.goodlogo.com/images/logos/mickey_logo_2579.gif

the mickey mouse disney logo.

I studied animation for 2 years and got it during that period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Would u consider getting some laser removal to make the tattoo less visible and easier to cover?

I suppose I would but I think that might cost too much.

Advertisement