Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roma 2010 C&C - updated

• 31-08-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

thanks a mill :D
    Colosseum_by_Night_by_superflyninja.jpg

vatican_city_by_superflyninja-d2xn787.jpg

closing_in_by_superflyninja-d2xn3u3.jpg

Mixed_Messages_by_superflyninja.jpg

Fade_by_superflyninja.jpg

Not_Quiet_Right_by_superflyninja.jpg

St_Peter__s_Cobbles_by_superflyninja.jpg

st_peters_panorama_by_superflyninja-d2xorf7.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

I love the 3rd one. Really really love it. And the 1st and last one.

It's a shame the Cathedral is looking washed out in the 2nd 'cause the colours in the foreground are so nice.

I like the textures in the 4th one, but it doesn't feel like it has a context ... but maybe my screen is too small :P

You've made me really wanna go back now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Misa-san wrote: »

It's a shame the Cathedral is looking washed out in the 2nd 'cause the colours in the foreground are so nice.

I actually really like what's happened there. Gives it a bit of aerial perspective. One thing I'd do on that shot is tone down the vignetting. It's banding quite badly on my screen at least. Otherwise I'd leave it as is. Toning it up would make the entire thing too busy.

The third one is a bit 'meh', but the others are nicely atmospheric pieces, although I'd be tempted to drop the washed out sepia/duo tone thing and present everything in subtle colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

cheers for the feedback lads, im only back and i want to go back AGAIN :D . on the vatican one i confess i dont see too much of an issue with the vignetting. it seems subtle-ish like.again it could be my screen!
    the poster photo. im not sure about the tones ive used , the sepia type....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I wouldn't like the glare and light pollution in the first, and I'm not a fan of the jig-saw puzzle look in the last one, but the ones in between are very nice. Especially like the Window shot :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

No 3 is rapid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

To me they seem a little generic and clichéd for photos of the "old world" europe. I see more the processing than the image content. They just seem like holiday snaps that I could have seen on anyone else's flickr/blog that had visited there, sorry.

Going somewhere doesn't have to mean showing a picture that you were there.

I mean, I was in Japan last year and this photo made me think more of a favela more than Tokyo, one of the most modern cities in the world.

3461885667_47e46a9a44.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

pete4130 wrote: »
    To me they seem a little generic and clichéd for photos of the "old world" europe. I see more the processing than the image content. They just seem like holiday snaps that I could have seen on anyone else's flickr/blog that had visited there, sorry.

Going somewhere doesn't have to mean showing a picture that you were there.
    cheers for the feedback on the actual photos.But im really ****ing angry at you presuming im posting these here just because i visited Rome. Ive actually not taken any photos of ANY worth in the past few months and being im rome got me to take out the camera again. I posted them here for C&C because I am a total amateur looking to improve by getting USEFUL feedback. And judging by the response this thread received you are correct in saying that they are plain old holiday snaps.So I need to get my finger out in that sense. But again I say i didnt post these as some sort of d!ck waving contest of oh look where ive been.
    Good day sir.

Advertisement