Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco. What does Buy One Get One Free Actually Mean?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Silly Question perhaps, but what does Buy One Get One Free mean ? I could'nt actually ask the assistants in Tescos (All Laydeez and was buying MENS items :D ) but the label on the shelf said "Buy One Get one Free : Type X, Type Y, Type Z". But there were not Two Type X, Type Y, or Type Z's there. Does the Buy One Get One Free apply if you buy one Type X and one Type Y ?

Thanks

Sorry if its not a REAL issue.

fbp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yes, it generally would apply to buying 1 x and 1 y.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

It depends on the offer. For example in my supermarket there was a BOGOF on punnets of fruit, and separately on vegetables - though they had the same labels. So I could get a punnet of plums and a punnet of peaches, but not a punnet of plus and a punnet of cherry tomatoes together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

fatboypee wrote: »
    Hi All,

Silly Question perhaps, but what does Buy One Get One Free mean ? I could'nt actually ask the assistants in Tescos (All Laydeez and was buying MENS items :D ) but the label on the shelf said "Buy One Get one Free : Type X, Type Y, Type Z". But there were not Two Type X, Type Y, or Type Z's there. Does the Buy One Get One Free apply if you buy one Type X and one Type Y ?

Thanks

fbp.
    if the shelf label or promotion poster lists three specific products flavours or types then generally you can buy any one and get another from that list free

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If the items are all the same price then it's any combination - if they are different prices then it's only the same specific item.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ray Ray

Dunnes stores is better value and way nicer food :pac: and cheaper than tesco, It is'nt as good Dunes:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If the items are all the same price then it's any combination - if they are different prices then it's only the same specific item.

Not necessarily. It often applies to items with slightly different prices too, where they usually have the disclaimer "cheapest item free" so you don't go expecting to get them both for the price of the cheaper item.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

sugarman wrote: »
    So? They dont give a crap, its their job!

And yes, it applies in your case;)
    :) I know, I know... still tho. Catholic guilt, call it what you will...

Thanks to all for your replies. Appreciate your posting.

fbp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,550 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ray Ray wrote: »
    Dunnes stores is better value and way nicer food :pac: and cheaper than tesco, It is'nt as good Dunes:cool:

What possible connection is there between this post and the OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

fatboypee wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks

fbp.

I'm guessing that it something like gillette range. BOGOF shave gel, deo, after shave cream. - All different prices, you can buy 2 different items but the cheapest item will be free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i know Tesco's are currently selling Durex condoms 12packs on a buy one get one free promotion,
    there are various types and if you buy one, such as a box of Durex XL you can get a box of durex pleasuremax free, same as buying one box of Durex XL and another Durex XL is then free...

as long as the items bought are the brand on offer, and it is the same brand as the one that is on offer then you can mix and match! :)

i know they were also selling Huggies size 3 on buy one get one free recently which meant only two Huggies size 3 could be bought! It was a specific offer so it depends!

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    What possible connection is there between this post and the OP?

Take it you dont like dunnes stores ???

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

eightyfish wrote: »
    It depends on the offer. For example in my supermarket there was a BOGOF on punnets of fruit, and separately on vegetables - though they had the same labels. So I could get a punnet of plums and a punnet of peaches, but not a punnet of plus and a punnet of cherry tomatoes together.

Surely cherry tomatoes are fruits??

Take it you dont like dunnes stores ???

Take it you work for Dunnes stores ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

srfc19 wrote: »
    Surely cherry tomatoes are fruits??

KNOWLEDGE is knowing that a tomato is a fruit --- WISDOM is knowing not to use a tomato in a fruit salad.

Take it you work for Dunnes stores ???

No just like dunnes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No just like dunnes :)
    You are in the wrong forum you want this one

I hate Tesco forum

As said if they are on the list together and the same price it should be any combination. If you do not get it then I would bring it back and they will give you a refund, this also hopefully makes them make clearer signs in the future.

Advertisement