Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i apply for jobseekers allowance and local authority housing

• 31-08-2010 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm 18 and just finished my leaving cert. i'm due my first baby in december so I couldn't apply for college this year. I know I can't apply for jobseeker's allowance until the end of september (3months after the end of my exams). however i have recently found out about a course i can do from home in my own spare time with kilroy's college. they send out your work to your house and you do it in your own time. its 700euro to do this course and i can fit in a job if i find one while im doing it. however does anyone know if i will still be entitled to jobseeker's allowance if i don't find a job while im doing this course. i'm still available for work and still searching while i am doing this course so does anyone know if im entitled to it?

im also wondering can i apply for local authority housing now or should i wait till the baby is born? my parents have no room for me and a baby so really need to find a house. there supporting me for as long as they can but its a tight squeeze

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

it can take years to get any where on a housing list so apply to council as soon as you can once you have had the baby you can update your application.

Not too sure about the other question but as long as you are available for work then you should be eligible to apply for jobseekrs just apply worst they can do is say no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 denni26

thanks wasnt sure if i could update it or not

Advertisement