Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any April Babys?

• 31-08-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am due 2nd April 2011. Looking so forward to that date!

Any other ladies here due april babys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yep me too but don't want to post under my own user name until I tell all the family. I'm doing so much whinging already I'm sure my OH will have traded me in if I make it til April! Am suffering a lot with nausea so I can't seem to muster up any excitement yet. I'm sure it'll be worth it if it all goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Hi,
    Im due my first on 3rd of May...so not exactly an April baby! Hoping for an April baby tho as Im getting married in July so cutting it fine for fitting into my dress :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

according to the online calculators my GF is due 9th April.
    but first hospital appointment and scan is not till October so wont know exactly until then i suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 menorcababy

I spoke to a midwife today who put my due date as that. Onlice calculators give the same dates. Suppose the scan is going to be more accurate again. I'm lookin forward to my first one. Considering having an early scan!

I spoke to a midwife today who put my due date as that. Onlice calculators give the same dates. Suppose the scan is going to be more accurate again. I'm lookin forward to my first one. Considering having an early scan!

so are we.
    rotunda is in oct so she will be approx into her 15th week.
    www.babyscan.ie do them for €120 between 8-14 weeks, so were considering them as were northside dublin based and they have an office in Santry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hi

My due date is 24th of March but as its my first I reckon itll be an April baby!!! Can I join your thread :D

Hitting 11 weeks this week but had an early scan last week. All good, ws such a relief!!

mrsberries wrote: »
    Hi

My due date is 24th of March but as its my first I reckon itll be an April baby!!! Can I join your thread :D

Hitting 11 weeks this week but had an early scan last week. All good, ws such a relief!!

please explain more :D
    • where did you get your early scan?
    • where they able to tell you the correct due date as such by the measurement of the baby (cant remember the technical name for it)
    • can they check that all is well with the baby?

thanks.

Kceire

With pleasure :D

Well I booked myself in for an early scan at 10 weeks as my nerves were gone as I had an miscarriage on my first pregnancy in May. As Holles Street wont scan me til Im 15 weeks I went privately to a clinic in Smithfield. So on Friday we got to see our little baba with his heartbeat:D The dates I gave them measured up to what they saw - 3cm. And I got some photos to take home :)

Perhaps the dates will change when I get to Holles St for the mini scan. Have my check in appointment with them next week. Think this is just bloods and history :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

i'm due april 2nd too :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

i'm due april 2nd too :D:D:D
    My son was born 2nd April this year :) It is a lovely time to be born, you have the summer to get them through the first few months, if we have any more I would love a spring baby. Best wishes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

ahh I had a april baby too, she's 5 months now on Sunday. It really is a lovely time to have a baby as you can buy all your stuff in sale after xmas and then in April its not to hot or cold for them and you are able to bring them out on walks.

Best of luck girls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Hi

Same here, on all counts :)
    Perhaps the dates will change when I get to Holles St for the mini scan. Have my check in appointment with them next week. Think this is just bloods and history :)

My check in appointment with Holles St isn't until mid October, and my scan is scheduled for around 20 weeks. Seemed really late to me on both counts, but I'm planning a home birth anyway so I will be meeting with my midwife regularly before that.

The first 6 or 7 weeks were the worst for me, symptom wise, when I went to the Doctor at 6 weeks I thought there was something life-threatening wrong with me. Would have been delighted about the pregnancy either way but the mixture of relief and joy was overwhelming.

Congratulations to all of you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

April 20th! Looking forward to reaching 12 weeks (all going well), then I can come on here as my 'real' self ;). Am very sick of the nausea...but have moaned about that already in another thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 menorcababy

I am 9&4 now. MS seems to have dissapeared please god may it stay away

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

Due the 20th, give or take a week. We just spotted it so need to get scans and the what nots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mum2be

Hi, i'm pregnant:), and due some time in april. i'm not too sure how to calculate my due date though. do i go from the first date of my last period or the date of conception. i know the date of conception, 13th july, do do i count on 38 or 40 weeks from this date?
    thanks in advance

mum2be wrote: »
    Hi, i'm pregnant:), and due some time in april. i'm not too sure how to calculate my due date though. do i go from the first date of my last period or the date of conception. i know the date of conception, 13th july, do do i count on 38 or 40 weeks from this date?
    thanks in advance

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/duedate/

http://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/useful_bits_and_bobs/due_date_calculator/article/due_date_calculator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amyminihane39

Due May 8th, 1st baby love to have someone to chat you as weeks go by, even meet up maybe. 30, married, blackrock cork

Hi there,
    Im due a couple of days before you on the 3rd of May. First baby!
    Still doesnt seem real!
    Dont really have any symptoms....yet! Altho work trousers did feel somewhat snugger on monday morning!
    Hope all is going well with your pregnancy!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

i would've been due April 9th but miscarried over the weekend :(

Congratulations to you all tho and I really hope you have healthy, happy pregnancies :D

First time mammies, you're going to LOVE it! Being a mammy is so special and Spring is such a lovely time to bring a baby into the world x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Congratulations to you all tho and I really hope you have healthy, happy pregnancies :D

First time mammies, you're going to LOVE it! Being a mammy is so special and Spring is such a lovely time to bring a baby into the world x
    Oh no, I am sorry for your loss, we had multiple mis too but have a lovely son who was born 2nd April this year, we are trying for one more at the moment...they really do make life a lot happier and April babies are the best!

Oh Crazy Cat Lady Im so sorry. You poor thing....went through it in May so understand your pain. Look after yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Aww thanks.

Tbh I had a bad feeling about this pregnancy from the start. Its not nearly as painful as the one I had in 2008 and I have my beautiful daughter to thank for that.

Well Ill be the same if this pregnancy goes to plan :)

Glad it hasnt been too painful, hope you are being looked after ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

hey girls!!
    going on my own dates im due end of april/start of may, im 9 weeks gone on my first this week!
    im really excited but the sickness is taking over at the min, im starving all the time but im living on tea and rich tea biscuits and on a good day the odd yoghurt:D

does anyone know any good baby books? been on loads of websites but would love to just have a few books!

melsbells wrote: »
    hey girls!!
    going on my own dates im due end of april/start of may, im 9 weeks gone on my first this week!
    im really excited but the sickness is taking over at the min, im starving all the time but im living on tea and rich tea biscuits and on a good day the odd yoghurt:D

does anyone know any good baby books? been on loads of websites but would love to just have a few books!

Hiya,
    Im also 9 weeks gone yesterday.
    Went for a private scan yesterday evening as I was having no symptoms really at all and my first hospital app isnt for another 6 weeks.
    I was a bit worried cos I couldnt make anything out on the screen and then the doctor asked me would I mind if she did an internal scan!
    She then said...thats what I thought.....there's 1 baby!!!!.......and theres another!!!:eek:

melsbells wrote: »
    hey girls!!

Congrats :) On the recommendation of friends I got What to Expect When You're Expecting. Very good, informative and user friendly - and also practical and common sensical.
    Hiya,
    Went for a private scan yesterday evening as I was having no symptoms really at all and my first hospital app isnt for another 6 weeks.
    I was a bit worried cos I couldnt make anything out on the screen and then the doctor asked me would I mind if she did an internal scan!
    She then said...thats what I thought.....there's 1 baby!!!!.......and theres another!!!:eek:

Exciting :)

Also one of my biggest fears at the moment. I want to have a home birth, have everything organised, and the one thing that would completely rule it out would be if we're having twins.

Squiggler wrote: »

Exciting :)

Also one of my biggest fears at the moment. I want to have a home birth, have everything organised, and the one thing that would completely rule it out would be if we're having twins.

Think were still in a bit of shock!..but definitely excited!
    Its mad we were talking about names, things we need to buy etc!!....And now that all has to be doubled!!!
    Wow the home birth option sounds interesting!...Maybe next time ;)

Think were still in a bit of shock!..but definitely excited!
    Its mad we were talking about names, things we need to buy etc!!....And now that all has to be doubled!!!
    Wow the home birth option sounds interesting!...Maybe next time ;)

My younger brother and sister were both born at home, so it's a family tradition in a way (my sister couldn't get a midwife in her part of the country or she would have followed suit). If everything is normal and the mother is healthy it is really the best option for Mother, Baby, Father and for any other children. I was 7 when my youngest brother was born and was present at the birth. It was an amazing experience.

But twins though... that's really something special :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

Hiya,

oh my god!!!! I had an early scan at 7 weeks as i was in serious pain and my doc told me i cud be between 12 and 15 weeks before the hosp sent me out a scan date, had to have an internal too but i was warned by my doc before i went;) thankfully the pain was a lot of stretching and is almost gone now, only to be replaced by puking!!!
    are there twins in your family? is this your first pregnancy?!

squiggler, thanks a mill, gonna look for that now! there's so many on the market and i dont want to be scared/preached at, just a nice, easy to read one to fill in a whole lot of blanks!!!

Advertisement