Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im on Social Welfare & my boyfriend is about to start college under Back to Education

• 31-08-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hi Guys,

Just want to see if anyone is in the same situation and can offer some advice??

My boyfriend and I were living together up to last summer when he was means tested on my earnings and was receiving €28 a week, he then moved to Clare to live in his Granny's old house.

Im now living in Galway and lost my job in July and therefore back on the dole, hes after being offered a place in NUI Galway and has filled out all the relevant Back to Education forms / Grant forms etc so he can go back to college.....obviously he will then be moving to Galway and we were thinking of moving in together again.

So my question is will he be means tested again even though he wont be on JSA but Back to Education? And if gets the full Back to Education allowance if I start working will his payment will be effected?? We also want to claim rent allowance from the place that we will be living in (Ive been living here since March and he would be moving into the same place).

Were not sure if moving back in together will be such a good idea considering what happened last time when I was working.....Any advice???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sue345 wrote: »
    hi Guys,

Just want to see if anyone is in the same situation and can offer some advice??

My boyfriend and I were living together up to last summer when he was means tested on my earnings and was receiving €28 a week, he then moved to Clare to live in his Granny's old house.

Im now living in Galway and lost my job in July and therefore back on the dole, hes after being offered a place in NUI Galway and has filled out all the relevant Back to Education forms / Grant forms etc so he can go back to college.....obviously he will then be moving to Galway and we were thinking of moving in together again.

So my question is will he be means tested again even though he wont be on JSA but Back to Education? And if gets the full Back to Education allowance if I start working will his payment will be effected?? We also want to claim rent allowance from the place that we will be living in (Ive been living here since March and he would be moving into the same place).

Were not sure if moving back in together will be such a good idea considering what happened last time when I was working.....Any advice???
    I suggest you to a local citizens advice centre

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

sue345 wrote: »
    hi Guys,

So my question is will he be means tested again even though he wont be on JSA but Back to Education? BTEA is not means tested.And if gets the full Back to Education allowance if I start working will his payment will be effected?? Not while he is on BTEA but yes during the Summer if he goes back on JSA We also want to claim rent allowance from the place that we will be living in (Ive been living here since March and he would be moving into the same place).

Were not sure if moving back in together will be such a good idea considering what happened last time when I was working.....Any advice??? Get all the facts first, as you are obviously trying to do.

Advertisement