Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICND1 (CCENT) Practice exams

Options
  • 31-08-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hey Hey

I got the ICND1 transcender practice exams and it seems to me that they are asking questions about stuff thats not actually on the ICND1 Objectives from cisco's website.

For example

"Which statement is true regard the switchport protected IOS command and its effects?"

The correct answer is - its used to configure private VLAN edge ports.

It kindly says what Objective this was supposed to be covered in.

Under
    Implementing small switched network
    -Implement and verify basic security

Now to me it seems like this is a VLAN config question and ICND1 doesnt even cover VLANs thats ICND2.

This is not the only question ive come across that seems abit odd !
    Ive been asked about IGRP which is way out of date now ?

Im just abit confused now... dont know whats going to be on the exam now !
    Think I'll just do the full CCNA :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ludzer

Hi Tyrant, There has been a couple of people I've talked to now saying not to bother with the ccent (waste of time) and just do the 1 ccna exam.

I was planning on doing the ccent first but dont think I'm gonna bother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I booked CCENT anyway. Read somewhere on the interwebs transcender are fairly poor now a days.

Its not as if its cheaper to just do the CCNA anyway. You'd think ya would get 2 for the price of 1 but no !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I wouldn't worry about the transcender exams.
    Just keep labbing and reading.

Practice subnetting as much as you can and you'll fly it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

CCENT is the best way to do a CCNA, you only have to know the first half of the curriculum before taking the exam, however I would read a little into CCNA3.

CCENT (ICND1) followed by ICND2 = CCNA

The difference in price doing the 2 exams is about €50 more, but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

9 Tut has good demonstrations of the possible simulation question. I recommend Packet Tracer as a good Cisco Router Simulator.

I have a question for someone who has done CCNA ICND1. On the routers and simulators, I can press "?" to get a list of commands available. Will this option be disabled in the exam? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

I have a question for someone who has done CCNA ICND1. On the routers and simulators, I can press "?" to get a list of commands available. Will this option be disabled in the exam? Thanks.

No, IOS help is available on exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Shamo wrote: »
    No, IOS help is available on exams.

They expect you to do what a tech can do, not to be some memory supergod. :)

Advertisement