Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock throwing at Laurel Lodge church

Options
  • 31-08-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Bit of a late warning but last week some scumbag teenage lads threw a rock at my girlfriends car as we were driving past. They proceeded to run across the big green and ducked into the housing estate.

I was fuming.

Unfortunetly I'm in a cast at the moment so despite giving chase as best I could, we couldn't get them.

I called the Gardai who sent a squad car up to move them on (There were several gangs in the area ranging from ages 14 - 18 approx).

Anyone hear of anything similar from here or is it hopefully a once off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

from your thread title i though it was about a rock throwing contest the church had orgnised :)

But no havent heard of any thing like that before. I have noticed a lot of gangs of that age group about my area a lot over the summer getting up to no good. Hopefully with school starting back things will calm back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I dont drive that way too often with moving out of the area and new roads I dont need to but having said that it happened to me a few times 10 years ago when I worked and lived nearby, when there was snow it was pretty much a no go, there was a way to drive from before the shops through an estate which would bring you to the roundabout so I used that whenevr it snowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

Be careful around Hallowe'en time too, many a time I've seen cars being hit with fireworks or bangers, my own car included. I can't believe the season is nearly upon us again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

In the last few weeks I have seen a number of empty egg boxes in the Carpenterstown area. This is not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Interesting - Wednesday 4.30pm my car was hit by eggs/conkers just at the speed ramp on Fernleigh close road just before the turn for Fernleigh drive. I had the windows down, but luckily didn't get hit in the head. It was a gang of teens, approx 10 of them. I drove further up, parked the car and ran back down to them, as I was arriving they had just hit a Rav4, unfortunately they were behind high railings and ran as soon as they saw me.

• Advertisement

Please ring 999 when you see this stuff happening. Remember that elsewhere in Dublin a woman lost the sight in one eye after being hit with an egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ondafly wrote: »
    Interesting - Wednesday 4.30pm my car was hit by eggs/conkers just at the speed ramp on Fernleigh close road just before the turn for Fernleigh drive. I had the windows down, but luckily didn't get hit in the head. It was a gang of teens, approx 10 of them. I drove further up, parked the car and ran back down to them, as I was arriving they had just hit a Rav4, unfortunately they were behind high railings and ran as soon as they saw me.

yes but even if you catch them there is not much you can do and they know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Ive noticed these little brats hanging around Laurel Lodge more and more lately. We do take a few hours in the Community Centre there and one evening we came out and they were throwing tennis balls at people, one landed right beside me so i picked it up and brought it with me. The following week they were there again and when we came out all three of our cars had been damaged. The place has really become a no go zone of late

Report all this to the Community Gardai. They are supposed to be at the community centre each Wednesday evening for a 'clinic'. That would be an ideal time to drag them outside and point out the culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

thats been going on for ages, unfortunately by the time the guards arrive they've either legged it into the bushes, estate or their house.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the best thing to do is just get out and get them or go and get 2 or 3 mates just to be safe cas these little sh*ts would do anything these days , but just give them a thump , or remember there faces , hapened to me when i was in a friends car , but they did it with the wrong car :P

guards do nothing about this , even if they move them on , they move them on to throw them at other cars in another place

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A V A, please remember that advocating violence can earn you an infraction or a ban from this forum. Please don't do it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

sorry . . .just call the guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Let Brian Lenihans office know. Its in Laurel Lodge SC.

Advertisement