Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ye think of the VT1300cx

• 31-08-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Just bored and wondering what ye all think of the Honda VT1300CX Fury?
    Personally if I could find a nice quiet spot I'ld make love to one.
    Closest thing you get to a custom chopper 'off the rack' I reckon. and not a bad price either.

2010-Honda-Fury-VT1300CX1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Just bored and wondering what ye all think of the Honda VT1300CX Fury?
    Personally if I could find a nice quiet spot I'ld make love to one.
    Closest thing you get to a custom chopper 'off the rack' I reckon. and not a bad price either.

I don't think that €16999 is 'not a bad price' :eek:

While it does look good in the pictures, IRL it does not look that good.

Plus, it is not very suitable for Ireland - there are not very many straigh, open, empty roads here.

Just not a bike that appeals to me - sorry.

Thats an insane price! Theres been one sitting in a bike shop here for the better part of a year now and it's not hard to see why. Massively overpriced and in my own opinion nothing about it nearly comes close to justifying that price tag. Just my 2c though :cool:
    Edit: for that money you could get a rocket 3 roadster. Mental bike, had a very quick test ride on one and would buy one over the honda in an instant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Great if you want to stay at home polishing chrome. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

cruisers have an easy life 2nd hand bikes are cheap
    you could do a lot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

EvilMonkey wrote: »

ha ha good point.
    :)

• Advertisement

P.C. Just wondering, why doesnt it look as good in real life? Size or something?

Pity, cause in the pics I just think its sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

P.C. Just wondering, why doesnt it look as good in real life? Size or something?

Pity, cause in the pics I just think its sauce.

Can't speak for why P.C. thinks that, but I agree with him.

Combination of things - it looks a lot smaller in real life, the chrome looks worse - I think the headlights are that plasticky chromey stuff, for example.

I was just completely underwhelmed by it, to be honest.

Plus for that money, you could buy a donor bike, (an older Harley if you liked) and modify it to be something actually custom made for yourself. (Well, perhaps not in Ireland). I'd be surprised if it was a big seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

P.C. wrote: »
    I don't think that €16999 is 'not a bad price' :eek:

While it does look good in the pictures, IRL it does not look that good.

Plus, it is not very suitable for Ireland - there are not very many straigh, open, empty roads here.

Just not a bike that appeals to me - sorry.

I agree the price is nuts.

I disagree completely that cruisers aren't 'suitable' for Ireland. You don't need straight, let alone empty roads, for a cruiser. In fact, I'd wager the opposite. What's worse, doing 60 in a stream of traffic on a cruiser, or stuck at 60 on a 170mph superbike ?
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    True. Or do what I do. Ride it. I ride this every day, including through this, I wash it a couple of times a year, and yet it still looks like this after 3 yrs use. It's not perfect, has picked up some scratches and some of the brackets are crap, but it's weathered much better than a 1200GS I had (which rusted just by looking at it........).

This is my first cruiser, btw - I had sport tourer and even GS's for 17 yrs before I got this, and I find it's a better bike for what I use it for (transport, every day of the week). I find it very good at low speed riding too, and no need to ride the clutch. It'll pootle along on a closed throttle, in first, at walking pace, and still do a figure of 8. Try than on an R1150RT !
    Tigger wrote: »
    cruisers have an easy life 2nd hand bikes are cheap
    you could do a lot better
    Indeed they are cheap: I missed a fabulous Heritage Softail 1340 locally yesterday ...for 5k :eek:

OP, the Honda is nice, but , I dunno, can't put my finger on it, it just doesn't look right. It's probably too perfect, actually (very well hidden cables and wires, I notice). The H-D has a few rough edges, and good proportions.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think it's a nice bike until you ask how much it is, which is a shame.

galwaytt wrote: »
    What's worse, doing 60 in a stream of traffic on a cruiser, or stuck at 60 on a 170mph superbike ?

Dead right.
    Personally, I'm not a superbike fan (just personal preference). I'm not really into how fast I can go, more into chillin on a cruiser.
    Way I see it, I'ld rather cruise along on a bike people can look at than fly by in a blur :P
    At any rate, the roads around here are so neglected that there are LITERALLY more potholes than road in 30% of the roads. So I have to tip along nice and easy. If you were to be really fussy about the suitability of a bike you would have to opt for a scrambler.
    I dunno, I suppose I just love the styling of this bike (in pics anyway). And coming from honda I'm surpirised to hear that parts of the bike are cheap looking, for the price I would expect it to be top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

What's worse, doing 60 in a stream of traffic on a cruiser, or stuck at 60 on a 170mph superbike ?

Dead right.
    Personally, I'm not a superbike fan (just personal preference). I'm not really into how fast I can go, more into chillin on a cruiser.
    Way I see it, I'ld rather cruise along on a bike people can look at than fly by in a blur :P
    At any rate, the roads around here are so neglected that there are LITERALLY more potholes than road in 30% of the roads. So I have to tip along nice and easy. If you were to be really fussy about the suitability of a bike you would have to opt for a scrambler.
    I dunno, I suppose I just love the styling of this bike (in pics anyway). And coming from honda I'm surpirised to hear that parts of the bike are cheap looking, for the price I would expect it to be top notch.

Hey, don't get me wrong - I'd imagine the Honda is actually a very, very good bike, technically. I don't imagine it'll break down/leak. It'll probably last very well, for a long time, and will do all you want, and maybe more.

I also think it's 'trying too hard', and ended up looking like.........forgive me......one of those Chinese yokes........

But the price is completely off the wall. As an aside, look at the values of Suzuki M1800's (which I like, btw). It's like throwing money off a cliff. I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool H-D fan, I just like my bike. My next one will be different again, (Duc, hopefully).

Oh, and about those roads. Here, have a gander at this beauty...HERE (that's AFTER they fixed it, btw.....)

BEFORE 1

BEFORE 2

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I also think it's 'trying too hard', and ended up looking like.........forgive me......one of those Chinese yokes........

That's it exactly - one of the Chinese bike makers (who knows which one, half of the different branded ones are coming out of the same factories it seems to me) are producing what looks like a mini version of it under the AJS name. Or the company that AJS turned into / were bought by is having them produced in China.

Saw them in Bikeworld - they look eh....interesting...

Advertisement