Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed: Which Post grad to accept?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I've a degree in Structural Engineering and have been working for the past 4 years. I've decided to do a masters and have been offered a place in the Masters in Coastal Management and GIS in UCC. I've also been offered a place in the Masters in Sustainable Energy in UCC and really need to decide on which one I'm going to do.

I'm not sure which one, if any, possesses the greater employment opportunities. I've spoke with someone who has done the Masters in Sustainable Energy and he spoke highly of it, this would be expected I suppose.

I'm just wondering has anybody here any experience or opinions on either and try to steer me in the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

flangy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've a degree in Structural Engineering and have been working for the past 4 years. I've decided to do a masters and have been offered a place in the Masters in Coastal Management and GIS in UCC. I've also been offered a place in the Masters in Sustainable Energy in UCC and really need to decide on which one I'm going to do.

I'm not sure which one, if any, possesses the greater employment opportunities. I've spoke with someone who has done the Masters in Sustainable Energy and he spoke highly of it, this would be expected I suppose.

I'm just wondering has anybody here any experience or opinions on either and try to steer me in the right direction.

As a sort of coastal man myself (doing my thesis on sea-level change and techniques of analysis etc...) I would say do the sustainable energy masters.:pac: From my understanding, it's a fairly interesting field to get into but also because there are job opportunities. Also, the energy one is also seeing major investment put into it and there's loads of PhD opportunities and funded research (EPA have a few STRIVE grants going on this topic).

Advertisement