Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insulation upgrade

• 31-08-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I looking for names of good companies or trades people in the clare area I could get in contact with to advise me ,and possibly carry out work on upgrading the insulation on my home. I am currently thinking of getting the walls pumped ,and I need names of reliable contractors and some advise if any one has any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

There is a list of registrered contractors for every county on the SEI website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I used a Galway company, they were good, reasonable too.
    Gilmartin Group, 093 52170
    The grant was paid into my account last week, about a month after the job was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Allied Insulation-Declan Griffey from ennis 0656827323. Just got my house insulated very good and clean job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ITOne

You could also try another Clare company MAK Insulation, call Michael McMahon 086 6032000. They are on SEI website. I wouldn't get insulation done by anyone else, you wouldn't know they had been in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Thanks for all the replies. ITone by the sounds of the post you have already had it done. How old was the house and has it made much difference ?

• Advertisement

Ya got insulation done, it was about 3 years ago and made a big difference. The house is about 25 years old - 80's job!

We were going to get the walls done but we've been planning to do an extension (whenever that's gonna happen!) so we had said we'd get it done then. It was supposed to be done long before now lol!!!

I know MAK use some higher quality "stuff" in the walls than some other insulation companies. I've forgotten what it's called :confused:

Just checked their website. It's called warmfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Ecowarm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Thanks for all the suggestions, on the back of them I have contacted 2 of them for quotes, I will let you know how it goes.

Advertisement