Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit query

Options
  • 31-08-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I am set up for online banking, and I have just cancelled a direct debit which was going out monthly. My query is this: Have I just cancelled the one month (which was dated for last month) or have I cancelled it for every month? I want to cancel it completely, I have just cancelled the service that it was paying for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

If youve cancelled it then its more than likely that its cancelled completely. If you want confirmation i would ring your local branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Dont know about online banking but i cancelled a DD recently with my bank in branch. It was permanently cancelled and i just had to sign a small form stating that i direct the bank to cancel the DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Thanks guys,you're both right, I will ring my local bank in the morning, just to be on the safe side. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

You should send a letter to the company telling them you have cancelled the direct debit.

If you have cancelled it online then that cancels all future direct debits as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

amcalester wrote: »
    You should send a letter to the company telling them you have cancelled the direct debit.

If you have cancelled it online then that cancels all future direct debits as well.

I did let the company know before I did it, that's sorted. I completely forgot to ring the bank today to check, but I think you are right about all future DDs being cancelled. I'll make a note and buzz them tomorrow. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement