Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship manager 4 network game

Options
  • 31-08-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in pitting their skills out on cm4? Im starting up a netowrk game and just wanted a few more. League is either Italy,Spain or England. Probably italy cos of transfer regs in the others. I know its old but its still the best one in my eyes.
    Gimme a shout if yer up for a game, there are 2 of us already and we're hopin for about 4 or five.

Serious managers ONLY need apply

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

blasphamy! Isnt anyony playing cm4 anymore?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nope not since....the one after it was released :D

haha I never could stick with the trends:rolleyes:

Dboy85 wrote: »
    haha I never could stick with the trends:rolleyes:

Nothing about trends. The game has improved vastly since then imo

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I've played them all religiously and i think the older ones are better. Cm4 would be my favorite followed by cm2. They tried to make the new ones to be too much of a simulator. Where I believe they made it so the tactics have to match the mindset of the developers/coders ideal. For example, I was only successful in the new ones when I played a 4231 or 41221. Didn't matter the attributes of the players I had if you play a 442 your dead:rolleyes:...Where in the old ones you can build whatever formation you prefer and buy the attributes for the positions needed. They got bogged down in 3d matches, the effects of media, player motivation and lost the simplicity. Thats my .2c anyway! Dont get me wrong fm08, 09 and 10 are great games but the flexibility of the older ones appeals to me more.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. A simulator is exactly what I want when I play a football management game.
    4-4-2 will work, but just not at the highest level in the game, mirroring real life. I believe it's far more tactically expansive, with far better individual player instructions and roles.
    The 3d match engine adds so much. You can really study your players down to the smallest detail, far better than ever before. Training is also much better as is scouting.
    I believe SI will only push the game further in the sim direction. I loved all previous incarnations of it but so far once the new ones have been released I haven't looked back and I hope it continues that way.

for anyone interested we're starting tonight at 7pm. We've 6 so far so it will be challenging. The league is italy and we're drawing for 1st pick and so on so it will be fair. Xfire will be needed so we can arrange teams and chat during games. Can be downloaded here. My user name is dboy85

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

I'll join you in CM4 no problem. I prefer the older one's myself. You know, you can update it to modern players if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Any chance of jumping in on this at this late stage?

I can start a new one lads if the interest is there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah might be interested. Dig out my CM4 disc!

right lads download xfire from the link in a post above and add me to your friends list. We need to have a chat about basic ground rules and do a draw for teams and stuff before we kick off.

i cant seem to connect to the xfire server. i allowed it through the firewall but nothing happeing.

do you get a timer count down to re connect? Sometimes the xfire server goes down. Try connect again

yes i did and i added exceptions to cs.xfire.com to port 25999 tcp. i havent a clue what the problem is. im amsuming its at my end but dont know what it is at my end. i dont have any anti-virus program that could be getting in the way. i'll keep trying it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kyleisking

ikeano29 wrote: »
    yes i did and i added exceptions to cs.xfire.com to port 25999 tcp. i havent a clue what the problem is. im amsuming its at my end but dont know what it is at my end. i dont have any anti-virus program that could be getting in the way. i'll keep trying it anyway
    hey up sailors i have posted on another blog but i am also interested in starting asap.. but am living in spain is tht a problem?... and i have joined xfire username-- kyleisking
    speak soon dudes.
    ps- game on

Advertisement