Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun A Ri Forest Park

Options
  • 31-08-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Was there today and thought I'd have to pay in as I did previously on Sundays (first time there on a weekday) is it only weekdays that it's free? Also I saw a notice from Coillte informing that they're putting up a barrier with a coin/swipe card pay machine so I guess all free parking is gonna be a thing of the past soon. They're gonna use the money for the upkeep of the park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

flickarius wrote: »
    Was there today and thought I'd have to pay in as I did previously on Sundays (first time there on a weekday) is it only weekdays that it's free? Also I saw a notice from Coillte informing that they're putting up a barrier with a coin/swipe card pay machine so I guess all free parking is gonna be a thing of the past soon. They're gonna use the money for the upkeep of the park.

Heaven forbid the government might have to give money to somethng as worthwhile as Dun A Ri forest park..-if they did the ministers may lose out on other things...they might have to have smaller dinners (6 courses) or be DRIVEN aound in smaller cars (Ford Mondeos?) or maybe claim less expenses...(no hope of that one either).
    I have heard people calling this country a "Dictatorship"...but in a "Dictatorship" all the parks would be free!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Feel better after your rant? :D

According to the site it is €5 parking.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Just park on the Kingscourt-Shercock road. Its free there.

Advertisement