Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 35s football

Options
  • 31-08-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi everyone, first post so be gentle.

Just wondering does anyone know anything about 35s soccer league in Dublin. I know there is one that plays on Sunday mornings. I'm curious as to the standard, and are there any teams in the southside as I haven't found one.

I'm 39 and about two stone overweight...just wondering will I embarass myself horribly if I sign up or will I fit in just fine.

Hope someone can advise.

Thx

(may post this on soccer board too...hope that's allowed)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I know a few fat late 30-somethings that play in Saturday/Sunday leagues. :pac:

The training will help you out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Although I haven't played any 35+ football, from experience watching the teams and occasionally training with them, it's more for fun and the social aspect than it is serious.

I don't mean this in a cruel way, but if you do "embarrass" yourself you'll most likely be on the bench, you'll still get game time but you wont start, so until you get fit you'll be put where needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Maybe an idea would be to round with mates/work mates/or whatever and play astro or in DCU they have 11-a-side astro pitch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 monkeysockss

Thanks chaps, good feedback there. Think I'll go along and watch a game and see what I think. Astro is an option too as I'm more used to playing on astro these days than the real thing. Probably less chance of my creaking bones picking up an injury on a totally flat surface :D

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

You'd be surprised at the severity of astro on your body and this coming from someone in his mid-twenties!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Markawoods

Hi ther I am currently setting up an over 35s league team for the forthcoming season starting in September for hartstown huntstown fc . We are looking for a couple of new players if anybody interested we are based in Dublin 15 and can just reply to this post and I can get back to you cheers .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Thanks chaps, good feedback there. Think I'll go along and watch a game and see what I think. Astro is an option too as I'm more used to playing on astro these days than the real thing. Probably less chance of my creaking bones picking up an injury on a totally flat surface :D

Thanks again

We've a game of Indoor in Bray on a Monday evening at 7 if thats any use to you, let me know and I'll PM you details if you want

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Markawoods wrote: »
    Hi ther I am currently setting up an over 35s league team for the forthcoming season starting in September for hartstown huntstown fc . We are looking for a couple of new players if anybody interested we are based in Dublin 15 and can just reply to this post and I can get back to you cheers .

Hey there, I'm interested in joining an over 35's team. Are you still looking for players?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Davewest

Earendil wrote: »

Hey there, I'm interested in joining an over 35's team. Are you still looking for players?
    Well I am looking for players for over 35s in Dublin 15

Earendil wrote: »
    Markawoods wrote: »

Yes ther is spaces left train in hartstown astro 8-9 Monday and wednsdays come down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Davewest wrote: »
    Well I am looking for players for over 35s in Dublin 15

So too are facebook.com/cordufffc as they enter their third season at that level. ;)

So too are facebook.com/cordufffc as they enter their third season at that level. ;)

Na corduff have a team established don't think there to pushed on new players tbh and hartstown are going to be the whipping boys lol ;)

Na corduff have a team established don't think there to pushed on new players tbh and hartstown are going to be the whipping boys lol ;)

We will c my friend we might be a newly formed team but I hate BIG MOUTHS !!!!

Hay I don't have a big mouth. In order to have a big mouth while writing u have to use capital letters and ur the only one that did that my friend lol ;) just heard you's are no use sorry u train on astro is not a good idea until winter if a lot ur matches are going to be on real turf tut tut lol

Hay I don't have a big mouth. In order to have a big mouth while writing u have to use capital letters and ur the only one that did that my friend lol ;) just heard you's are no use sorry u train on astro is not a good idea until winter if a lot ur matches are going to be on real turf tut tut lol

We will c my friend and I didn't mean to be smart apologies lol

No problem mark was really only winding u up lol I know how differcult it is starting off its hard work getting body's up and I haven't a clue if you's are good or bad but good luck anyways some decent teams in that league mate. We are only starting off and only played 2 friendlys so far so know how u feel. We won 6-2 first match and lost 2-1 2nd match how you's doing You play any friendlys ?? We have mellows at home sat in league . Who do you's have ??

No problem mark was really only winding u up lol I know how differcult it is starting off its hard work getting body's up and I haven't a clue if you's are good or bad but good luck anyways some decent teams in that league mate. We are only starting off and only played 2 friendlys so far so know how u feel. We won 6-2 first match and lost 2-1 2nd match how you's doing You play any friendlys ?? We have mellows at home sat in league . Who do you's have ??
    No bother Dave we played mountview on friendly last week lost 4-2 we have Palmerstown this wednsday in a friendly I think an we kick next Saturday against east wall away . Do u know anything bout them?? And ye it's ****in hard trying to get 18-20 lads up to training and organise games good luck with ur match who u playing for ??

Fc blanch

Heard nothing about east but that's not the worse result against the view there a decent team

I am manager fc blanch u probably seen me at the school picking Adam up Craig's best mate in school I am Adams dad lol

• Advertisement

Fc blanch
    Nice one we will c each other soon so look after urself

Advertisement