Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Cyfra+ and Polsat

• 31-08-2010 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I have today received my Cyfra+ card and Polsat card with the necessary CAMs. When I insert them into my TM6900 i am told that the channels which should be working are scrambled.

Do these cards need to be activated or something first?

When I check the viewing card info for the Polsat card I see ERROR 04 Module locked.

I have an Al Jazeera card working happily in the receivers card slot. Neither of the 2 Polish cards will work in there.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

leave them overnight to update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Sport 1 and HD working atm. Hopefully the rest will be on by the morning

The two channels that I had last night are scrambled again which leads me to believe that it might have been some kind of FTV thing that I could see. As of now I have only the FTA channels and Al Jazeera.

Should I be leaving the STB on a certain channel?

what cams are you using? What firmware do you have on your TM?

I used an aston cam for Cyfra and had no problems in it updating in the cam slot of my TM6900. I didnt actually use it i the card slot of the TM as i had an Al Jazeera card running in that slot.

The TM doesnt like 2multicypt cams in its slots, dont know why but it doesnt, eg a diablo and a dragon.

I know my Cyfra card updated ok on canal+sport.

Where did you buy your cards/cam from? Are they activated yet?

I presumed that they came activated but that's probably the problem. I have fired off an email to satsklep for further information.

I am using
    2791.produkt.mini.jpg

1630.produkt.mini.jpg

and the Cyfra+ HD card for the sport and movie channels.

As for firmware, I think it is 7.25p I am not at home to check that sadly.

• Advertisement

Stupid question but are the cards in the way around? Have you tried the Cyfra card in the Tm's card slot?

They are definately in correctly as I can see the card numbers etc. on the screen when I go to that part of the menu. I have put the Cyfra card into the card slot on the TM6900 and the result is the exact same.

I am almost convinced now that the cards need to be activated.

Cyfra channels have come on since this morning so at least that's something. If Polsat is not running tomorrow I will give the crowd I bought it from a call.

It seems that Polsat are getting strict in the activation/registration of the cards/modules. You are suppossed to ring a polish number and register your card/module with a polish address/polish social secruity number. Id give satsklep a email if i was you. (Joanne is who i have delt with as she seems to have great English)

snaps wrote: »
    It seems that Polsat are getting strict in the activation/registration of the cards/modules. You are suppossed to ring a polish number and register your card/module with a polish address/polish social secruity number. Id give satsklep a email if i was you. (Joanne is who i have delt with as she seems to have great English)

Yeah I am waiting for a reply from her

• Advertisement

Did you get Polsat sorted?

LOL. No chance.

I have been in contact with Satsklep and they told me yesterday to leave the card and cam in the receiver for 4 - 12 hours and it should work. So 24 hours pass and I contact them again only to be told that I must be patient.

It really is gone beyond taking the piss at this stage.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Reading about similar on a different forum, a guy's card and CAM took over 48 hours to work.

So, maybe it will work..

i am going to leave the stb on the abonentow channel until after work tomorrow. luckily there is nothing of importance on another satellite channel tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    i am going to leave the stb on the abonentow channel until after work tomorrow. luckily there is nothing of importance on another satellite channel tonight

*Ahem* Ireland match *Ahem* ;)

RTÉ Two is available on DTT :)

After asking them to resend the activation signal this morning I can happily say all is working now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yay! Well done. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Perseverence paid off in the end. :)

Sure did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

byte wrote: »
    Perseverence paid off in the end. :)

That's the key to this satellite business. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Got one of these Polsat cam/cards myself last week, was a bit worried after reading this thread, but it worked immediately.

I had the receiver powered down, inserted cam, booted up, and went to the cam menu to see if it was recognised. I'd already scanned in the English language channels, and they cleared straight away. I noticed the other night that hbo/cinemax also cleared, not sure how long that might last, but nice to have for the time being.

It's a pity so many channels are 4:3 letterbox widescreen, also, I'm getting no epg at all on the BBCs, tcm or eurosport, is this usual?

rurs wrote: »
    It's a pity so many channels are 4:3 letterbox widescreen, also, I'm getting no epg at all on the BBCs, tcm or eurosport, is this usual?

Nearly all my channels are full screen 16/9! Have a play with the output settings on your satellite receiver.

I see this with Cinemax but not on any other channels that I usually have a look at. What other Polsat channels are you seeing 4:3 letterbox on?

I am getting no EPG data on those channels either but if we were you can bet that it would be in Polish. Not much use to me anyway.

I think Cinemax and HBO are free for one month. I don't watch them all that much tbh so losing them wouldn't be much of an issue for me.

RE 4:3 letterbox, anytime you see black bars above and below, it's not really 16:9 widescreen. It's on the 3 BBCs, TCM, foxlife, the various discovery channels I've looked at, to varying degrees.

TCM can be quite bad, some of the old movies were shot in serious widescreen , you end up with only a third or so of the screen that's not black:(

@snaps, believe me I've tried all the settings for aspect ratio:D, the way I have it now it switches depending on how the content is flagged, even within a single channel, if the content is 4:3, it will add the bars at the side, otherwise widescreen.

As regards the epg info, it would be nice to have it even in polish, at least you'd know how long something had been on, also, the channels that do have epg seem to mostly have an english title in brackets after the polish name. At least I know now it's not a problem on my end, just the way it is.

Still a good deal, even when the freebies go, so I'm not really complaining, just gently whinging:D

RE 4:3 letterbox, anytime you see black bars above and below, it's not really 16:9 widescreen. It's on the 3 BBCs, TCM, foxlife, the various discovery channels I've looked at, to varying degrees.

Anytime I have seen programming on those channels with the exception of FOXlife and TCM it has been 4:3 programming. I will keep an eye out.

Found an accurate (english) listing for tcm.
    Click http://www.tcmuk.tv/listings.php and choose CEE from the dropdown menu. It's a pdf for the entire month.

Superb. Many thanks.

Glad you found it useful, the timings seem spot on, I've recorded a number of films overnight, always accurate...no ads either during the film:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement