Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development Dysplasia (DDH)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Yeah I know, we want to know when the end is in sight - I know what that is like! Hopefully we are at ours and just in the monitoring stage. It's difficult to switch off and not stress when you are waiting isn't it? Hopefully you'll get answers soon and she'll have a good rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

theLuggage wrote: »
    Yeah I know, we want to know when the end is in sight - I know what that is like! Hopefully we are at ours and just in the monitoring stage. It's difficult to switch off and not stress when you are waiting isn't it? Hopefully you'll get answers soon and she'll have a good rest :)

I know i'm in work stressing over her, and shes probably at home having ice-cream with Grandad.:p

lolli wrote: »
    I know i'm in work stressing over her, and shes probably at home having ice-cream with Grandad.:p

That made me laugh! so true! :D

Just to update for info for those looking. Daughter had her second osteotomy in Jan and all went well, they were happy with coverage at 6 week check and no real complaints of pain. A bit when she was back at ballet and we started her with GAA on the same day (just the way the classes turned out).

Anyway today, after a week of summer camp, where I don't think they did a lot of moving activities - some but not all day, she's in pain. And limping around. Hoping it's a growth spurt and will work it's way out. Next appt in Sept so keeping an eye on it til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten any careers allowance or benefit for caring for there baby with hip dysplasia?. My maternity leave is up soon and my dd is having her procedure soon and will be in a spica cast for 18 weeks then into an abductor brace so I will be off to look after her.

• Advertisement

Can't imagine that you would be entitled to any benefit for this as you are choosing to take time off to care for her, it's not actually a necessity as such. Our daughter was in creche fulltime when put into a spica and have to say their care of her was excellent. Maybe Citizen's Advice could give you more information on any benefits that might be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was just wondering if any of u got a letter for the elective clinic in crumlin after having 3x 6monthly xray and check ups wit the hip clinic. We got an appointment but not sure what to expect..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Claire..Dee

I was just wondering if any of u got a letter for the elective clinic in crumlin after having 3x 6monthly xray and check up in the hip clinic. we got an appointment but not sure what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Just looking for some experience and opinions please.

My 9 month old has uneven creases, PHN and GP checked hips at numerous stages and said there was nothing it in. In for a check up today and PHN finds a click in the left hip. She goes into panic mode and calls the hospital and I get the X-ray done today, results to GP next week.

The PHN had me in a right state with her panicking and urgency. Then after the X-ray appointment has been arranged she wanted to continue the rest of her developmental check. Baby can get get up on all 4s, no crawling yet. Scoots backwards using arms and a little wriggle. Bears weight on both legs individually. Can stand unaided for a few seconds. After the PHN observed a lot of this she says maybe she wa was a bit rash in getting the X-ray so urgent. I'll know when the results are out next week(we'll we're on holidays so might wait til we're back and don't ruin it).

Two questions: can the click and creases not be hip dysplasia?
    Should the click have been picked up on earlier or can it develop over time?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Just looking for some experience and opinions please.

My 9 month old has uneven creases, PHN and GP checked hips at numerous stages and said there was nothing it in. In for a check up today and PHN finds a click in the left hip. She goes into panic mode and calls the hospital and I get the X-ray done today, results to GP next week.

The PHN had me in a right state with her panicking and urgency. Then after the X-ray appointment has been arranged she wanted to continue the rest of her developmental check. Baby can get get up on all 4s, no crawling yet. Scoots backwards using arms and a little wriggle. Bears weight on both legs individually. Can stand unaided for a few seconds. After the PHN observed a lot of this she says maybe she wa was a bit rash in getting the X-ray so urgent. I'll know when the results are out next week(we'll we're on holidays so might wait til we're back and don't ruin it).

Two questions: can the click and creases not be hip dysplasia?
    Should the click have been picked up on earlier or can it develop over time?

Thanks

My LO had uneven creases and everything was clear on X-ray. Can't remember if he had the click or not. I think generally speaking no click in early days is good news. But I'm no doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

No click here but he did have uneven creases. Had the x-ray and doc reviewed it but thankfully all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Doctor just rang and said she's referring us on to pediatric as there is something in it. She was very vague and said as it's not her area of expertise she can't say if it's severe or what.

I'm devastated, she just started front crawling and pulling herself up the last few days so it's going to be a bit of adjustment. Also due back in work in 4 weeks so that is another thing to deal with if she's in a cast. From reading up she will be in a cast, doesn't seem to be any sort of treatment other than that or surgery.

I'll update once we meet with consultant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good luck wexy

Advertisement