Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XBox 360 questions

• 31-08-2010 6:54pm

I'm contemplating selling my 20GB XBox 360 with a few games so I can put money towards getting the new one with the built in WiFi. I have a few questions I'd like to ask first though
    1. Is it possible to transfer any data you would have on the HD?
    2. If so, is it possible to transfer this to the new one?
    3. Is the new XBox 360 worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

1. you can use the data transfer cable to do that or via a USB key...Xbox takes up to 16GB
    2. If you bought any games on Marketplace you will have to run the program at www.xbox.com/DRM
    3. yes its worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

I am having nothing but problems with mine and microsoft are proving impossible to deal with. It started just after I got it with whiring noises, then it scratched two of my disks, it stalls when I am playing battlefield online I end up having to power it off and on to get it to restart and it wont let me play some of the games I had downloaded from the marketplace. I have been onto microsoft a few times now. They basically dont believe that the new xbox would have problems! There tech department is supposed to be ringing me but everytime they ring I cant hear them, they seem to think that I am making that up too. I am really pissed off now, I have been a huge xbox fan up until this.

dextero wrote: »
    I am having nothing but problems with mine and microsoft are proving impossible to deal with. It started just after I got it with whiring noises, then it scratched two of my disks, it stalls when I am playing battlefield online I end up having to power it off and on to get it to restart and it wont let me play some of the games I had downloaded from the marketplace. I have been onto microsoft a few times now. They basically dont believe that the new xbox would have problems! There tech department is supposed to be ringing me but everytime they ring I cant hear them, they seem to think that I am making that up too. I am really pissed off now, I have been a huge xbox fan up until this.

Thanks for that! I think I'll leave it for a few more months, until the problems get aired out.

Anybody else have any more opinions on the new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Everything will always have problems, its just the reality of technology.

Only wait for a price drop or if the current Xbox is still in warranty, otherwise don't bother. I've got a new one and I love it - I was really surprised by the quiteness and now I've loaded all my games on the HDD due to the space, making it even quieter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

... and it wont let me play some of the games I had downloaded from the marketplace.
    Is this after you copied content from your old XBox to your new one? Did you transfer the licences to the new console via the online tool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Have you gone back to the retailer with your receipt? I'd suggest sending a letter to Microsoft, if they're not believing that you're having problems as well. If it's a 360 S then it's definitely in warranty.

Odd, they're normally pretty understanding about issues.

Advertisement