Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs of 2010

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Any more for this, i'll close nominations on Christmas Eve and start a new thread with a poll of the Top 10 nominated gigs from this thread, that'll stay open for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I hoping Anathema in The Village on Dec 18th will be added to this list ... not long now.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

scudzilla wrote: »
    Any more for this, i'll close nominations on Christmas Eve and start a new thread with a poll of the Top 10 nominated gigs from this thread, that'll stay open for 2 weeks
    That reminds me, I'd better get on with creating a voting thread for other awards :).
    If you need any help opening/closing/editing threads give me a shout and I'll do the needful.

Malice_ wrote: »
    That reminds me, I'd better get on with creating a voting thread for other awards :).
    If you need any help opening/closing/editing threads give me a shout and I'll do the needful.

Nice one, i'll give ya a shout when i want this one closing, should be ok to start a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Out of the gigs I have been to I would put Robert Plant at the Olympia as the best. Pure class to see the man in a venue of this size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Airbourne at the Olympia :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Prostitute Disfigurement in Fibbers. Were absolutely note-perfect, face-meltingly amazing.

Warpath were awesome support too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Shrinebuilder in Cyprus Avenue were unreal and getting to see such legends in such an initate venue was a real plus. Delighted I got to see Poeple of the Monolith in support as well, they were savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bramabull81

Metallica at The Odyssey, seen them 8 times already but was real close for this one.

Sepultura at The Academy, powerhouse performance, Arise and Chaos Ad songs were amazing.

Therapy? at Vicar Street, great to hear Troublegum live and Andy Cairns is a great frontman, good interaction with the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

limp bizkit in the olympia was a memorable night, anyone who was there will agree on that

while i have been to alot of big gigs in the o2 this year none really stood, maiden were good but not great, they didn't play enough of their older stuff, pearl jam were good but not great, the 2000 gig in the old point blew this years show out of the water, though the reaction to alive was amazing

i know i will get flamed for this :p but green day in marlay were excellent, they played for 3 hours, sound quality was exceptional (yes O2 sound quality hint hint :rolleyes:) even having to listen to the awfulness that is paramore before them didn't dampen the mood

• Advertisement

Any more nominations for this? Closing Next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Decapitated in The Village. They were just awesome.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Limp Bizkit - Olympia
    The Gaslight Anthem - Olympia
    Dropkick Murphys - Olympia
    Lostprophets - Academy
    Kiss - O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Limp Bizkit was easily the best gig of this year

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Limp Bizkit was easily the best gig of this year

Agreed had seen them twice before (Rock Im Park and Pukkelpop a few days before) and that was the best time imo. Easily the loudest 1300 or so people i have ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

image002cq.jpg

image000wq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Katatonia @ The Village
    Porcupine Tree @ Tripod
    Anathema @ The Village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Porcupine Tree @ tripod just a nose ahead of Anathema @ The Village. Gavin Harrison's drumming being the decider

Advertisement