Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slates/Pads/Tablets/Portable PCs!! POST IT HERE!

Options
  • 31-08-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Make your finding find their way here

theres alot of slates and tablet factor pcs out there at the moment...most of them are cheap chinesse knock offs but some of them aren't half bad...some are still in the darkness from our knowledge

so post what you find here help people to decide what to get and give some reviews on it if you do get one :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Has anyone here used one of cheap Chinese ones ;

They look like v good value but ;

What are they like to use, touch screen responsive,
    slow response times
    wifi speed wifi compatible with WPA

theres a thread here about one

the fella was pretty happy with it :)

ViewSonic upcoming 7" android 2.2 based tablet with 600mhz processor

apparently to be full approved by google for its launch as its only a beta device at this stage...

viewpad7-hands-01-top.jpg

a rather thick and boxy but not too bad :)

More Info On the Galaxy Tablet

• Advertisement

masker wrote: »

a bit steep starting price point...though it does offer more functionality over iPad

no one mentioned the battery life though :S

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭masker

a bit steep starting price point...though it does offer more functionality over iPad

no one mentioned the battery life though :S

battery is 7 hours movie playback , which is quite good. its the only tablet which can give ipad a bit fight but engadget guys r not convinced with it as they say android is not ready for tablets yet:cool:

Full specs can be found here
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/image.php?m=Articles.Images&f=name&id=32689&caption=&title=Image+from+%22Samsung+Galaxy+Tab+officially+unveiled%2C+we+have+a+preview!%22&kw=android&popup=1

4000 mah...meh

WeTab Running MeeGo based OS

Another new tablet out this time WePad Running on MeeGo Based OS :) and its not too bad its actually really nice user interface...though it feels like as it lacks a few bhp in the processor taking it a while to open up the cam app and the browsing seemed a bit choppy

wetab-meego-09-05-2010.jpg

• Advertisement

Source :ExoPC
    First the good news, for those who've waited months to get their paws on that 11.6-inch multitouch capacitive screen: there's no longer anything stopping you from dropping a stack of change on the Windows 7-wielding ExoPC. Originally restricted to the first 1,200 dedicated fans, preorders are now open to all, with the 32GB tablet setting you back CAD $649 (about $624) and the 64GB version CAD $749 (about $720), with both models featuring up-to-160MB/s fast SanDisk P4 mini-SSDs and up to four hours of battery life. The bad news is that you'll no longer find GPS on that 64GB model, as the prototype didn't pan out, and we're afraid that September 30th ship date has already slid back to October 15th. Take a gander at our hands-on preview (or better yet, wait for our review) if you've yet to make your mind up.

10x0827yv235eexo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/31/archos-unleashes-five-five-new-android-froyo-tablets-we-go-h/

You can ignore most of the comments on the engadget site as predictably it descended into an apple fanboy debate right away.

Anyway, the price point is right for me. Hopefully they get the hardware right.

i like the archos 10 specs...but it lacks sleek design :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i like the archos 10 specs...but it lacks sleek design :)

and a front facing camera?

it has a vga front camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

an interesting one here :) probably would be the most appealing to me as it has a bit of both :) there has been so many times i wished i could just flip my laptop screen around and use it as a touchscreen device for browsing or w/e while still having physical keyboard and touch pad when needed:)

Dell Inspiron Duo Notebook/Tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Bugzy wrote: »
    an interesting one here :)

Dell Inspiron Duo Notebook/Tablet?

Ooooh..........I want one of those!

If the performance and Tablet interface are up to scratch I can see this top of my Santa list.

yeah it looks very promising :) even though i hate dell i would actualy go and buy that if they brought it up.

some rumors of acer bringing out 5/7/10 inch tablets with the 3.0 Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Using a touch screen win 7 netbook myself.

Acer Aspire 1825ptz,

Dual Core, Win 7 64 bit, 3GB RAM and 8HR battery make it good, while a folding 10" screen (turning into a multi touch capacitive tablet) make it better.

Very happy with it for mobile/car use.

• Advertisement

thats a cool little thing :)

how does it handle flash games?

thats a cool little thing :)

how does it handle flash games?

Who's ? Mine?

If so just as any windows 7 computer would I suppose. (it's full win 7 not Starter like on most netbooks)

no i meant as in some low end graphics cards flash games dont play flawlessly and start freezing up when a lot of data is thrown at them

no i meant as in some low end graphics cards flash games dont play flawlessly and start freezing up when a lot of data is thrown at them

Ah I see, well from my testing it works fine but maybe you know better, Do you know of any flash heavy sites or online games I can use to test?

Was playing Plants VS zombies just fine if thats any help.

EDIT: It has the Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics chip and 1366 x 768 res screen, if thats any hellp.

i used to to play fish tank game on facebook :) used to freeze all the time :S on that laptop :( especially when there used to be loads of fish in the tank

i used to to play fish tank game on facebook :) used to freeze all the time :S on that laptop :( especially when there used to be loads of fish in the tank

Grrrr dont have FB.. hate it!, but funny thing is it does have an interactive screen saver involving fish! They swim about following your fingers or you can play with the water by touching the screen.

see here for more on that:

found this :)Lenovo LePad

very nice stuff. even though i always hated lenovo laptops as its as cheap as American cheese imitating cheese but this pad is nice..and it has windows so all my stuff can still work with it. also a great dock and way to make it into a laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ugly_Child

WeTab Running MeeGo based OS

Another new tablet out this time WePad Running on MeeGo Based OS :) and its not too bad its actually really nice user interface...though it feels like as it lacks a few bhp in the processor taking it a while to open up the cam app and the browsing seemed a bit choppy

wetab-meego-09-05-2010.jpg
    Has anyone had a hands on or picked up one of these? Looks like the are in the wild and selling quite well in Germany anyway. Usual questions, how's the browsing? Feel of the thing? Anything buggy about the OS Meegoo?

guess not :) would love to play around with it :)

ireland always gets the latest innovations last

• Advertisement

Seen this: BlackBerry PlayBook

053ec08a_bbplaybook2.jpg
    Specifications:

Screen: 7 inches
    Weight: 408 gms
    Resolution: 1024x600
    Processor: 1 Ghz dual-core Cortex
    RAM: 1 GB
    Internal Storage: 16 GB/32 GB