Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Version 855 maps released

Options
  • 31-08-2010 7:46pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

TomTom Maps v855 released & available for download.
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/

Any queries re these maps please post here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

day one : no major improvement found :) ... STILL allowed right turn from North King Street into Blackhall Parade ...right thru the wall :)... using tomtom couple of years and have to say,teleatlas maps are rubbish :(( ..why tomtom won't change for navteq, why....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you posted that correction here. ?

ehhhm...not yet :), but uploaded corrections thru home three times (after upgrade my maps )

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have restricted left turn & right turn . I will also report to TT. There is a large batch of Dublin errors being prepared at the moment.

...thats good news :) ....ehhhm North King str is still King Str North :))

• Advertisement

Most streets are named like that for easier searching.
    You can easily rename it on your own device either way.

i know :)... just changed and uploaded ..so far home shows 64 maps corrections only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I just connected up (resetting the device first - it's the only way it'll connect to the computer), and downloaded all the new maps it offered me.

My TomTom is now apparently useless. The intro screen shows:

"Select a map
    "United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
    "Cancel"

If I select the map, a screen comes up:

"Problem with map
    "You cannot use this map on this device:
    "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-161
    "OK"

When I press "OK", it goes back to the first screen.

I've tried switching it off and rebooting, it comes back to the first screen.

Is there a solution?

It sounds like you may have signed into Tom Tom Home with another account and downloaded a map for a different device. Have you any other Tom Tom Device registered with Tom Home?
    Remember each device requires a unique account .

I have no other TomTom devices. It asked me where I wanted the maps - on the card or the original device - and I chose the card, as usual. Nothing different.

I tried taking the card out and resetting, but the same error occurs.

• Advertisement

Did you download and install maps via TTH in one single action?
    Generally that message only appears if the map cert does not match the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

day one : no major improvement found :) ... STILL allowed right turn from North King Street into Blackhall Parade ...right thru the wall :)... using tomtom couple of years and have to say,teleatlas maps are rubbish :(( ..why tomtom won't change for navteq, why....

Probably because TomTom owns Teleatlas.:P

koolkid wrote: »
    Did you download and install maps via TTH in one single action?
    Generally that message only appears if the map cert does not match the device.

I plugged the TomTom Go into the computer (a MacBook), booted up TomTom Home and followed its instructions. It downloaded one chunk of stuff, then displayed a notice saying I hadn't downloaded the latest maps, which I clicked on, and then it downloaded another chunk.

I then ejected the TomTom Go and it started displaying the error message.

I had downloaded the maps onto the expansion card (as I'd done the last few times), as the Go itself is full.

The location of the map is irrelevant. I think you need to get onto customer support with that. They should be able to verify the map purchase & email you a cert to copy onto your device.

Thanks, Koolkid. Where do I find them, would you know?

Ah, found them and they solved it. Whew. Nasty moment there.

Good stuff.Let me know how you get on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

koolkid wrote: »
    TomTom Maps v855 released & available for download.
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/

Any queries re these maps please post here.

Hello, I just bought a TomTom XL2 and I went to the link you posted above searching to buy a map for the USA but cannot find one called "XL2" in the list....any suggestion?
    Also if I add the US map, will I not loose the European ones?

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Hi

Any reason as to why some townlands are included in the latest release and others not. Seems weird.

Also you can still turn right onto Kildare St from Stephens Green !!! Is it worth posting that again ??

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Hi

Any reason as to why some townlands are included in the latest release and others not. Seems weird.

Also you can still turn right onto Kildare St from Stephens Green !!! Is it worth posting that again ??

Hi PM,
    Can you give me some examples of Townlands that were on 850 & not on 855?
    Kildare street & Samual Beckett Bridge going northbound are my 2 missions at the moment , belive me.
    Have you mapshare set to receive changes from others?

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid its not that some were on 850 and not on 855. For example Walterstown Nurney Co Kildare is on it but Blackditch, Kildoon & Nurney Demesne which are all next door to it are not on it. Just wondering why some are on it and some are not.

Thanks

And you are using 855 at the moment, yes?

Yep

Advertisement