Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of ynotdu

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭whynotdo

Beeker i don't know if i should thank You or kill You for starting this thread.
    The whole point i was trying to make was that the A&S was a little 'Sea of Tranquility' to Me on boards.

Quite true i was apprehensive when dlofnep started posting as i knew his tendency at times to use jackboots when a feather would do.
    The alternative scenerio was for him to PM fifilure and ask that she PM Slade-x or Redshift to say She had boo bood and could they move it to the CT forum.[I double posted once and Slade-x fixed it for Me in a jiffy!}

I suspect that dlofnerp jumped on the report button twice once for the Moon-ey thread and then my objection to the back seat modding, although Redshift and Slade-x moderate the forum fine they are not usually that quick to clean up dubious posts.
    a careful reading of the Moon-ey post reads to Me like it was taking the pis* out of the CT's about Apollo anyway.
    also whoever deleted it did they know at the time if the professor was debunking the Moonlanding hoax theory or not?

I got a yellow card on the CT forum when in the face of overwhelming evidence one poster refused to see the facts and said He was going to bed,I wished him good night and said i hoped his underground bunker was comfortable and that He would not forget to put his tooth under the pillow for the fairys before writing his letter to Santa, I soon realised as soon as one moon hoax theory ended on the CT forum another started...........

Why i chose to unsubscribe was the haste My post "in defence of fifilure" was moved tothe re-cycle bin.

The sequence of events was i asked dlofnerp could he not have PM'd fifilure before PM'd her

dlofnerp i was prejudiced against You as You have been very cruel in posts in the past.However i hope the thank you's Beeker received on post #1 did not come across to You as being against You as i do not consider the thanks You received as being against Me.[quite frankly many of the thanked posts across the threads are very contradictory.]

@eiljah Ireland salutes Texas:) You get Your ass back here also!

@ Jake1 yes the broadcast forums are being back seat modded quite a lot also. Boards will have to give guidance to Mods what constitutes back seating and what does not.

@Nehaxak it was not much ado about nothing,it was about all of those things that Astronomers and Space enthusists spend long lonely hours observing what few are interested in and having a forum were they could tell the whole world about something that thrilled them.
    One of My favourite posts was not so long ago when a poster who uploaded a photo he took of the Moon with a camphone got a bit of gentle ribbing and He said "It is My first one and i feel strangely proud of it". To Me that was as inspiring as Hubbles finest!
    I did not want the smooth flowing joy to be trampled on by Cynacism and see it disintergrate into just another 'Squabbling' Forum!(there are plenty of them)

@Calibos Lol at Your frustration about 'Chinese Lanterns'
    You have tried being nice and being nasty to no avail.
    Have You any hair left? My solution would be to close A&S on saturday nights after pub closing time.;)

@Backboiler,I will use ITALICS in future to emphasise a point.
    Which of the John Nash's am i:confused:

John Nash may refer to: I am afraid to get My message You will have to read the Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy like everybody else!Squeek squeek.

@Slade-x i am well aware of the reasons why Moon hoax theorys are not allowed here having over the last twelve months read ALL:P the archives since this forum was established seven years ago(belated congratulations on being made a Mod in 2005!:P]

Do i get the fatted calf or the boot now?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

whynotdo wrote: »
    I suspect that dlofnerp jumped on the report button twice once for the Moon-ey thread and then my objection to the back seat modding

You suspect wrongly. I didn't report that post. The moderators here can verify that. You went off on a tangent for no reason when the moderator himself said he would have replied in a similar manner to my post. The only reason I posted in this thread was to clarify what happened.
    The sequence of events was i asked dlofnerp could he not have PM'd fifilure before PM'd her

The PM wasn't necessary. I sent it to her out of courtesy, and not because you asked me to.
    fifilure Your public acceptance of dlofnerps PM's is very diffrient to what You had to say about him in a PM to Me is'nt it?[makes note to self,never use Chivlery again]

I don't think you should be discussing the contents of private messages on public forums. If she said anything negative about me - that's fine. My post was a bit rude, and she's entitled to be a little upset about it.
    dlofnerp i was prejudiced against You as You have been very cruel in posts in the past.

I'm not bothered. If you have an issue with my manner of posting, just place me on ignore. That's what the function is there for, instead of creating off-topic threads trying to get attention. I'll do the same, as I have no desire to discuss anything further with you. Let's drop it here. I have been more than courteous with my responses and that's as far as my patience goes with you.

dlofnep wrote: »
    You suspect wrongly. I didn't report that post. The moderators here can verify that. You went off on a tangent for no reason when the moderator himself said he would have replied in a similar manner to my post. The only reason I posted in this thread was to clarify what happened.

The PM wasn't necessary. I sent it to her out of courtesy, and not because you asked me to.

I don't think you should be discussing the contents of private messages on public forums. If she said anything negative about me - that's fine. My post was a bit rude, and she's entitled to be a little upset about it.

I'm not bothered. If you have an issue with my manner of posting, just place me on ignore. That's what the function is there for, instead of creating off-topic threads trying to get attention. I'll do the same, as I have no desire to discuss anything further with you. Let's drop it here. I have been more than courteous with my responses and that's as far as my patience goes with you.

Beeker You started this thread as such You can ask it to be closed and let the attn seeking be stopped,most of all the attn seeking is done by people who report posts.
    P.S read the in defence of fifilure post and check the timings again.

Oh and by the way i have been playing catch-up too.some great reading and posts which i wouldl ove to thank but wont be able to until i have posted 25 times.

<deleted by OP>

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

128846644653408195.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

That's just a tirade of a rant against dlofnep who has been more than courteous in responses, very unfair imo. If you can't debate with the guy in a civilised manner or can't discuss with him outside of other forums you might disagree with his opinions in, then just don't bother and do as he says and place him on ignore. What you've done here with your opportunity to respond, in a thread created to ask for you to come back, is just childish.

I still stand over it being much ado about nothing, at least to everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

whynotdo-now I am mad. Please don't try and use me to get at someone, it's not really on. I am going to forward the pm you are referring to to dlofnep, just to show that I did not say anything about him behind his back. It's not fair of you to behave like this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Stargate!Ok You pushed Me over the edge to return,part of the deal is you must do so also.!
    I have to cut this short now but Letter to follow soon.
    I am overwhelmed by PM's i have only gained access to and will have more to say ASAP about this thread and some offshoots of it when i have time,so Slade-x don't kill the fatted calf for the two Prodigals just Yet!
    :)Good Man!! Great to see you back at last:) I hope you can sort out the problems with the other posters and get back to your normal humour.

riptide wrote: »
    128846644653408195.jpg
    :D:D:D

That says it well riptide.
    I am afraid i done the very thing i feared i would do,log on drunk and 'lose it'

dlofnerp i offer You an unreserved apology which i sincerely hope You will accept.

fifilure i also offer You a sincere apology for making reference to a PM which i hope You will accept.

My flawed logic was in order for Me to "get the feeling back" i needed to offload the remnants of ill feeling that were left from posts from the past.

fifilure You always made a poster here feel like they were not posting to themselves by a little word of encouragement or a simple thank You.I love you for that:)

dlofnep i dont think our politics will ever coincide but i hope you will continue to post pictures when You can.
    Ah damn it,give Me a kiss quick while nobody is looking:D

Beeker wrote: »
    :)Good Man!! Great to see you back at last:) I hope you can sort out the problems with the other posters and get back to your normal humour.

Thank You Beeker You are a poet a scholar and most proably a good judge of whisky:)

and YES lets get on with the joys of A&S!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Hi All ,

If i might make a suggestion ....... im not taking any sides here , but comments
    like its much ado about nothing ( even if true ) are only adding to the already burning fire.
    It Obviously matters a great deal both to Ynotdo AND dlofnep , Sometimes in life its harder
    to let go than to stop

There are no winners here in this thread ,

I love this forum , all i say is let there be Light and Peace .

My suggestion is ...........

Please CLOSE this thread and let it be a
    NEW BEGGINING for you 2 guys .......

With Respect

Regards to all !!
    Stargate

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Stargate wrote: »
    Hi All ,

If i might make a suggestion ....... im not taking any sides here , but comments
    like its much ado about nothing ( even if true ) are only adding to the already burning fire.
    It Obviously matters a great deal both to Ynotdo AND dlofnep , Sometimes in life its harder
    to let go than to stop

There are no winners here in this thread ,

I love this forum , all i say is let there be Light and Peace .

My suggestion is ...........

Please CLOSE this thread and let it be a
    NEW BEGGINING for you 2 guys .......

With Respect

Regards to all !!
    Stargate
    I agree close it now and lets move forward:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm more than happy to forget about all this and move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Thank you dlofnep , I can understand how these things happen , its goes round and round till it drains you ,im sure ynotdo never meant to go the way it did either , its time to close the thread and bury it and let it die for BOTH YOU AND YNOTDO AND US HERE ON THE FORUM , I have 6 sons my eldest is 32 , if it were up to me id be banging your heads together ..........for gods sake ...........

Worst thing is , poor fifilarue all this is probably breaking her heart and shes a kind soul ! A great person who at this moment feels terrible all this is happening , even just for fifilarue`s sake ............ close this thread now !!!!!

Life is toooooooooo short !!

Both of you shake hands and agree to disagree !!

Thats my last word on this ...........

No offence meant to anyone !!!

Thank you

Stargate

since i cant yet use the thank you button thank you dlofnerp!

thank you too Stargate also hopefully the winner is the forum,long may it shine!
    :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

I have said all i am going to say on this matter.

I left this thread here in the hopes it would be beneficial to current and future members alike, i did not leave it here as a platform to continue what is now a silly little argument. ynotdo i am a little surprised by your persistence in trying to argue this matter. Lets just move on shall we

Locked. May i now reiterate the Forum Charter.

Please just abide by it and A&S will be a better place for all of us, A Sanctuary for science and debate in its field
    Redshift wrote: »
    This charter will outline briefly what is and is not acceptable on this forum and is in addition to the normal Boards.ie rules about trolling, flaming and baiting etc.

1. The topic of this forum is Astronomy and Space and all related Genre before posting check if your post would not be more suited to a different forum.

2. Please refrain from direct personal attacks on any person whether they are members of boards.ie or not.

3. Comment or discussions on the practices or policies of any entity should be accompanied by relevant factual references.

4. Libelous, slanderous or otherwise unjust or untoward proclamations will not be tolerated.

5. Please do not post anything related to conspiracy theory in the forum, there is a dedicated forum for this on boards, a forum ban will be issued for non compliance.

In addition posters may not use this forum to sell commercially or to recruit members on a commercial basis into a fee paying club or website. (Private sellers may post their links in this thread, but all trading must be done off forum.)

Finally if you have an issue or problem with the forum or its moderators please do not post it in the forum you should either make a post in the Admin/Support or PM the relevant moderator or an administrator.

Your cooperation is appreciated.
    slade_x wrote: »
    As regards to 5.

Temporary warning bans for first offenders will be issued to those who deliberately persist on posting material that relates to Conspiracy theories

Repeat offenders will just get a permanent ban without notice.

Please. No more hyjacking threads for this purpose.

If you want to discuss such, Go to the Conspiracy Theories Section. And abide by its Charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement