Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angry Birds Beta on Android from Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I'm on a Desire with 2.2 as well and I haven't had a single crash.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Downloaded it fine but force closes every time i try to pay it on x10 so i guess ill have to wait for this update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Not a bad game at all. Crashes more than I'd like (Desire, 2.2) but it is a beta, so I can't complain! Next mission is to get 3 stars on all levels.

Odd, I've played right through without a single glitch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm on a Desire with 2.2 as well and I haven't had a single crash.....
    JustinOval wrote: »
    Odd, I've played right through without a single glitch..

I've probably had 6/7 crashes. Just boots me back to my homescreen. Are you both on stock Froyo?

One of the crashes happened just as I finished a level. It saved my score though, which I was impressed by. I've never lost data in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I'm on v2.2 with a custom ROM. No crashes at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm on a Hero, with VillainRom 12, and can run the game and play it no problems, however the informational and menu screens appear to be drawn for a larger screen, as I'm missing bits off the sides, top and bottom. Can get past the info screens by tapping the edge of the speech bubble that I can just see the edge of in the bottom right.

No crashes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

niallb wrote: »
    I've tried downloading it, and just can't.
    It gets to anything from 6% to 97% and then says it fails to install.
    The whole download is really slow though.
    I've no problem updating all my other apps at the same time if needed,
    so it seems to be able to contact the market.

I've a Meteor HTC Desire, rooted and running a Modaco Froyo with an ext partition on SD, so space doesn't seem to be an issue.
    I've tried it both over Mobile data, and via wifi.
    Also tried it with Market set to Meteor (my carrier) and to T-Mobile and 3 UK, my preferred "Enabler" choices. Doesn't seem to change anything.

Anyone else experienced anything like this ?

Im having the same problem with a desire on 2.2 anyone have a solution?

I've probably had 6/7 crashes. Just boots me back to my homescreen. Are you both on stock Froyo?

LeeDroid 2.0a

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Hasn't crashed as such on my Nexus One but every time I quit out of the game the phone temporarily freezes. Locking and unlocking the screen will quickly sort it out but it's still kinda irritating.

• Advertisement

LeeDroid 2.0a

Stock froyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

Works like a dream on me Desire 2.2, This is a beaut of a time killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MB1380 wrote: »
    Im having the same problem with a desire on 2.2 anyone have a solution?
    Switching to a different rom solved the problem for me. Worth noting that switching rom, resulted in a huge increase in available phone memory. When the install was failing originally, I had around 20 megs free. It's a 13 meg download, with potentially the same amount again (or more) required for the actual installation*.

*I don't know how Android app installs work, so this may not be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Finished all the free levels. How can I get the full game?

Is it on the UK Market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

PH4T wrote: »
    Finished all the free levels. How can I get the full game?

Is it on the UK Market?
    Thats only a beta to work out any kinks.The proper full one isnt released yet

Switching to a different rom solved the problem for me. Worth noting that switching rom, resulted in a huge increase in available phone memory. When the install was failing originally, I had around 20 megs free. It's a 13 meg download, with potentially the same amount again (or more) required for the actual installation*.

*I don't know how Android app installs work, so this may not be the case.

I dont have my phone rooted but i will try delete some apps and make some extra space for it!

• Advertisement

MB1380 wrote: »
    I dont have my phone rooted but i will try delete some apps and make some extra space for it!

Deleted some apps and went from 33mb internal to 58mb and it installed fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

If anyone is looking to install the game on 2.1...
    http://appdroid.dk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Cool, it's a bit like ragdoll blaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Level 7 is the only one I cant get 3 stars on. Seriously frustrating

plonk wrote: »
    Level 7 is the only one I cant get 3 stars on. Seriously frustrating

Hehe, I must try harder. :D

nAlXS.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks, Works on Galaxy S 2.1 but phone freezes when you come out of it, requires battery in and out:o

Edit, if you hit the home button on the galaxy that's when it freezes but if you exit the game through the game menu it won't freeze the phone.

Using the iphone 4 and Galaxy S side by side, this game is so much better on the Galaxy Screen and the colours are a lot more vibrant the iphone 4 looks washed out colour wise in comparison. Another happy Android camper here that switched from iphone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Hehe, I must try harder. :D

nAlXS.png

As far as i am concerned, three stars on level 13 is impossible to achieve! Got all the other levels but spent two hour last night trying to get them :mad:

Fantastic game though

Lu Tze wrote: »
    As far as i am concerned, three stars on level 13 is impossible to achieve! Got all the other levels but spent two hour last night trying to get them :mad:

Fantastic game though

In level 13 as soon as you release the bird tap so that he goes into three. With the highest one you should be hitting the top of the cement block furthest to the left so you bounce and hit the ice to knock the tnt. Any hints on 7;)

Done and done now back to my thesis :pac:

In level 13 as soon as you release the bird tap so that he goes into three. With the highest one you should be hitting the top of the cement block furthest to the left so you bounce and hit the ice to knock the tnt. Any hints on 7;)

Cheers will give that a go! On 7 the only thing i can remember was hitting the small concrete block on the left which toppled the 1st 2 stacks and also firing them high up into the air and tapping the screen just after the apex to get the pigs underneath wood (coming down at a more vertical angle). I think i finished off with a low one to break through as much wood before getting the last pig

No I did it, was doing it the right way just needed a bit of luck.

Thanks. :D

On 7 I can get to 73400 by hitting the concrete block that's at eye level, full force to take down the structure, then pick off the remaining two pigs... only two stars though..

You shoot him way up in the air to hit after the second concrete block killing the second pig on impact and wobbling over the rest to take out 3 more.(killing 4/5 on first shot) Needs a lot of luck . Then with your second shot you take out the last pig. (4th to the right at the start)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Finally got my final *** (which was level 7). I hit the first block but its up to chance whether it takes out a lot of the surrounding blocks. I got lucky and scored 76,000 ish

All bar 15 for me with 3 stars.

Any tips?

• Advertisement

Sound, got it with a fluke shot that took them all out with the first bird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

PH4T wrote: »
    All bar 15 for me with 3 stars.

Any tips?

Here's how I got it:

Fire the fist bird at a low angle such that it just grazes the top of the first tower, slowing it down enough so that it lands on the second pig and explodes on the side of the middle tower. With a bit of luck this should take out all the pigs in the middle leaving just the TNT and the last pig on the far right.

Land the next bird on the wooden blocks to the right of the TNT just before the last tower so that when it explodes not only does it kill the last pig but it also sets off the TNT which should hopefully get rid of enough of the remaining stone/wood to get you over the line (80,000 I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

DS wrote: »
    Here's how I got it:

Fire the fist bird at a low angle such that it just grazes the top of the first tower, slowing it down enough so that it lands on the second pig and explodes on the side of the middle tower. With a bit of luck this should take out all the pigs in the middle leaving just the TNT and the last pig on the far right.

Land the next bird on the wooden blocks to the right of the TNT just before the last tower so that when it explodes not only does it kill the last pig but it also sets off the TNT which should hopefully get rid of enough of the remaining stone/wood to get you over the line (80,000 I think).

That's how I did it too. You just got to be lucky with all your collateral damage.

That's how I did it too. You just got to be lucky with all your collateral damage.

Nearly did it, got 78,490!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Aw... all finished :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Finished it while on the bog in work the other day. 3 stars on all levels :cool:

7 was the hardest for me.

Need more levels.

EDIT: Runs great on my Sony x10 - 1.6 android. Although i did directly download the apk.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Level 8 is really annoying me. I jsut can't get the 3 stars on it. It is just sitting there with those ugly two stars just teasing me. Any clues?

Edit: Never mind, got the fecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does your phone need to be rooted, cant find this on the app store and not sure how to get it on my Samsung Spica 2.1

Any help appreciated
    Dar

2.2 only. There is an .apk download link elsewhere on this thread.

• Advertisement

Level 12 nearly killed me. :D

21dQb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

Oh jaysus, fair play for 3 stars on everything xD
    I've got 3 stars on only four of the courses!

And lol it's not 2.2 only, I'm running it on 2.1 HTC Desire o2. I just checked the market for "Angry birds" and it came up, if not just find a QR code on the net, they're all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finally got all 3 stars at the weekend.
    7, 12 and 15 nearly had me in tears at stages

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I can't even get 3 stars on level 3 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I can't even get 3 stars on level 3 :o

I couldn't for ages, just keep hitting the top corner of the wood on the first tower and hope for luck in the collapse to get all 3 birds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This game is class but very hard. I can't get past level 8 :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

ShooterSF wrote: »
    This game is class but very hard. I can't get past level 8 :(
    For that level I fired the birds up in the air and then when they just before the hit the ice I split them and reeked havoc :D

Beta 2 is out there now, no new levels though:( Maybe it'll work better for folks who had problems....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Beta 2 is out there now, no new levels though:( Maybe it'll work better for folks who had problems....

Dont install on Legend, now it doesn't start up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Well it may have taken me a week longer than everyone else, but finally got 3 stars on all of 'em :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know when the full version is coming out or even how much it might cost? Its ridiculously addictive!

• Advertisement
Advertisement