Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to see Consultant asap - Recommendations??

• 31-08-2010 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am looking for some much needed advice! I am looking to find a Private Consultant who I can see asap for a possible maliginant melanoma? Basically I have been put on the Public Waiting List but would rather pay to get it sorted out now?!
    So far I have been ringing the Hermitage and St James' and they are giving me November as the nearest next appointment............ Eh, is the purpose of Private Healthcare not meant to be for prompt action??!
    Does anyone have any recommendations on who or where to go??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're probably posting in the wrong forum completely and it is generally considered not done to look for or receive medical advice on this forum. That said, you are new to boards.ie and you need to be looked at by a consultant dermatologist straight away.

Ring the office of Dr Cal Condon. He operates out of the Blackrock clinic and out of Clane hospital. I'd have thought he'd be able to see you within days. Here is his website and his contact details.

Many years after my sister had a malignant melanoma removed, I had a slight worry about a birthmark. Dr Condon examined me, found only one birthmark (not the one that worried me) that he was 95% sure was not malignant but wanted to know for sure. So I made an appointment to have it removed. It was tested and confirmed not to be malignant.

IIRC the consulting fee was €130 many years ago (probably closer to €200 now) for a 10 minute job and the operation was paid for by my private medical insurance (probably the guts of €500 otherwise for a 5 minute job) to give you an indication of costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snuggles88

Sorry I wasnt sure where to post it and was in a panic as was being giving the run around all day by different people with no resolution! Thanks so much for your reply, I rang that number today and they were very helpful, they will be back to me shortly with an appointment to see him.

Thanks Again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Glad to be of help :)

Advertisement