Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Adaptor replacement

• 31-08-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I've a AC Adaptor of an Acer AL707 (17" Flat Panel Monitor) that has become faulty. The power light on the transformer, flashes and causes the monitor to turn on and off continuously. I reckon that the smoothing capacitor on the diode bridge is faulty or something similar.

There is no obvious way of opening this unit so I'm not really bothered about trying to butcher it. If its easy and wont result in damaging the unit, explain it to me please but I doubt that it is.

The output of this transformer is 12V & 4.16A and I'm wondering if its possible to get a universal DC adaptor that can give this rating or should I just look on advert.ie for something willing to part with a spare adaptor of a similar rating. Is there anything that I should be aware of because I dont want to damage the screen itself by stupidity! :o

I would like a 2nd opinion on what would be the best course of action to take in this scenario.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Can you pm me, the size,width of the end, power connector, interior circular,width, external circular width,and the polarity, info, as i have a 12volt power supply.it may fit the monitor,
    see here,http://www.lcdpayless.com/productpage.php?productId=6763
    if you use a universal power supply, make sure to set the polarity ,as per the original power unit.MAPLINS have universal power supplys around 25euro 12volt, make sure polarity, and power connector size is correct be4 you buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Didus

Hello
    I just bought a Al707 without power supply, i want to try it with an pc power supply (12V) but i am not sure of the polarity.
    Can you say if "+" stay on the periphery or in the center of the connector

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement