Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Access to the Port or ship spotting?

• 31-08-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hello there - can anyone tell me if it's possible for the general public to access or drive round the docks in Waterford ? Or is there anywhere I might get a good view ?

For ridiculously sentimental reasons I'm hoping to catch sight of a little tug called Bargarth. She moved from Cardiff to Waterford last year.

Thanks in advance and if you think there might be a better forum for this question please point me in their direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rugbytiger

You need security clearance from the port authority. However you could go to faithlegg golf club house and get a good view with a pint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Actually, IIRC, the Bargarth is usually docked up on the south side of the Quays, so you'll be able to get within 10 metres of her - Maybe less :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

This is her in her home. You can pop right up beside her.

4584728285_01bacb0902.jpg
    Quay by Ronan O Keeffe, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

Excellent - thanks guys. That's a cool shot Roen.

Bargarth and her sister ship Usgarth used to work at Barry Docks in South Wales where I spent summer holidays in the seventies - they spent a lot of time working with the Geest Banana boats and I spent a lot of time being dragged round the docks as my older bro noted which ships were in which berths, how long they stayed etc.
    Anyway Bargarth and Usgarth were like old reliable freinds so I thought I'd pop by and say hello.

Advertisement