Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weak Handshakes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Star Bingo wrote: »
    don't understand handshakes, not really into physical contact. only real contact i know tends to be violent

if someone wants to handshake, sure i stick it out to be shuck - if they try n crush it i punch them the f**k out.

i get the impression i'd punch a lot of u out. firmly

Wow you must be hard. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

bryaner wrote: »
    Wow you must be hard. :pac:

thats what i thought about the hard handshake man. before he got punched out with the other - hard as nails me.

thats what i thought about the hard handshake man. before he got punched out with the other - hard as nails me.

Always one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Abigayle wrote: »
    I do have confidence, and I take no shit, but Im not a bad person but never set out to intimidate anyone =/

I agree. Mostly because I am afraid not to. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Thats what happened in your mind.

In reality you walked away with a wee withered hand, sobbing.:pac:

• Advertisement

Hard as nails - great expression.

Thick as a plank - that's another good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

- are you a businessman or something? whats to shake on

Your ould wan?

Thats what happened in your mind.

In reality you walked away with a wee withered hand, sobbing.:pac:

you can't even hold a phone without crushing it.

my hands are swift, my hands are fast. my hands are uncomfortable in another man's grasp

Abigayle wrote: »
    I'm the hand crusher. Need anything crushed?

*shields the family jewels & politely declines*

mikom wrote: »
    Your ould wan?

your father-figure.

• Advertisement

my hands are swift, my hands are fast. my hands are uncomfortable in another man's grasp

It's the fookin karate kid duck.

Your posts are sad,
    your humour spreads thin,
    I'd like to put you in the recycling bin.

Or are you trying to hide your inner feelings for men?

Why? Do you get a bit of a horn or something?

Hard as nails - great expression.

Thick as a plank - that's another good one.

f**king knobjockey. there's the ultimate one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ewwww.... Your ultimate is to fuck a jockey with your knob?

I defer to your greater knowledge of such matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

What the f*ck is up them?

I went to meet a new client today & offered a handshake, as I always do in such circumstances, only to be met with a handshake weaker than a 20 day old piece of lettuce.

I took an instant dislike to the man. To be honset, I'd prefer a handcrusher.

I think they should teach people how to shake hands properly in school - it's a social faux pas not to know how to shake hands like a normal person.

Maybe he was watching you on CCTV in the toilet fingering the hole off yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Hand-crushers can smack of insincerity too - I have puny little hands and they getz hurtz... :o

In betweener handshake ftw.

This is hilarious.

• Advertisement

Someones got the back to school blues.

Maybe he was watching you on CCTV in the toilet fingering the hole off yourself.

I must really turn you on if you imagine me in such scenarios. Were you fapping as you posted that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Is After Hours being invaded by 4chan posters...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I'd prefer to need hospital treatment for crushed knuckles than have a slimy slithery limp handshake any day. Instantly makes me regard the weak handshaker as a twat totally lacking in social mores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

I hate when you go in for a firm handshake and the other person clamps down on your fingertips. It's palm to palm or don't bother.

that's my avatar! :mad:

also why did the op get so many thanks...wasn't that thank-worthy to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I'm not the biggest fella you've ever seen but I give a strong handshake so much so that practically everyone but very shy people comment on it (strong handshake for a small person, or a spontaneous hand crushing competition) and then it strikes up a hand shake conversation. I get away with it with my small hands and shake as strong as I like, if my hands were bigger I may have crushed quite a few at this stage.

My little sisters complain about it but fúck 'em I'll do what I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Dudess wrote: »
    Hand-crushers can smack of insincerity too - I have puny little hands and they getz hurtz... :o

Not so much insincere as typical alpha male style willy waving. I prefer someone who just slobbers on your hand when you greet them, they are the ultimate alpha male.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If I have bestowed onto you the great honour of shaking my hand, do not grab my fingers. Premature clamping bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Ive never been more conscious of my handshake:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I agree. Mostly because I am afraid not to. :D

:D

I don't mean to be that way. I think its because I just that I like to be in control of myself and my environment. I'm not afraid to speak out or argue out my point to the death either. This scared the ****e out of my male counter parts in work. I would be at meetings at mad hours at night because clients couldnt break free from their work until then. I'd be sitting in a board room as the only female there. I'd have my paper work ready and good for a war. Clients that owe any company I work for do not want to meet me because they dont have a leg to stand on and buying time is not an option.

I'm also cute enough to dress well, hair done well.. theres no such thing as a trouser-suit. Its a short skirt suit. At work I'm lethal, the first hand shake and look in the eye puts them in their box straight away.

Its not just as simple as a hand shake, its how you hold yourself as a person. Learning to value yourself, dressing professionally, and preparing yourself for the mission ahead is the way forward.

The handshake means fcuk all if you don't have the rest altogether.
    Dudess wrote: »

Wanna shake hands :p

Advertisement