Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Class - What time for bed?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

My eldest is going in to 6th class and feels she should not be going to bed the same time as her siblings. Just wondering what time to your 6th class children go to bed at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have one now in first year and one in 5th class and bed time for the youngest it between 9 and 9:30 and 9:30 and 10 for the elder one.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

my lad is first year he is in bed sleeping i hope, should be in bed now but it will take ages for them to go to sleep,

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

I think it all depends on what time they need to get up at. Both of mine get up at seven, so the 4th class girl goes to bed at 8-8.30 and the 1st Year (started Monday!) has pushed her bedtime to 9. I feel they need 9-10 hours of sleep around that age. Last year, in 6th class, she went to bed at 8.30, but she used to say she was one of the early ones in her class. Rest the brain, I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

She gets up at 8 o'clock. I think she just wants to be treated a little different to her younger siblings. I was thinking of a 9 o'clock bedtime with lights out at 9.30. Of course she thinks it should be 10 and lights out at 10.30 because EVERYONE else goes at that time or later!

Advertisement