Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do I have to get another permit?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I got my first learner's permit two years ago and it runs out on the 22nd of September. I got sent a letter the other day with an application form for a new one but I've actually just booked my driving test and the wait time is like, 10 weeks.

I heard that if you have the confirmation letter from the booking you can just show that in the tax office as proof you've booked and they'll just issue you a year long permit but does that apply for a second permit or is it only for a 'third or subsequent' one...??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

That is there for the third licence which you can not get without having applied for a test. You have two options. 1.Get a second licence as normal. 2. Try get your test brought forward, if you are ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭feathz

Thanks guys!

There's no way I'd be ready to take the test in a cancellation spot and its not very likely that I'll even pass on my first go so I'll just go ahead and send off for another permit!! =]

Advertisement