Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know where I can get a legal long range cordless phone?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi Lads,
    Does anyone know where I can get a legal long range cordless phone?
    I need to cover a large yard about 5000 sq feet.
    Used to use 900MHz phones from Taiwan but, they are now illegal.
    I tried the BT elements but it is only good for line of sight, the signal doesn't penetrate walls very well.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have you looked into the possibility of using DECT repeaters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Not sure if Nimans in the UK still do them, but that is where I previously sourced them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

We use these for some of our customers with large areas. Works very well. Have to be installed in a star topology, though. So there is an upper limit. Can't remember what that limit is, off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 musically challenged

Thanks everybody,
    I have looked at DECT repeaters but the problem with them is they have to sited near a 220vac socket - I'm looking at covering large areas were there is no power e.g. quarries, big 'carparks'/yards.

The SNOM repeaters look very much like RTX ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wozack

Hi
    I was at a clients in Dublin and there was a person demoing the
    EP-801 Phone and base
    he seemed to be getting about 250 to 300 metres through buildings and concrete
    He was an Irish company based in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 musically challenged

Hi,
    I saw the engenius phone when I did a job in a nursing home and it covered the whole place according to the manager. I am going to order one.
    Thanks everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wozack

Hi
    Glad I am not the only one to see it work.

Advertisement