Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The *official* "i take it back thread".

• 31-08-2010 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

I have no idea why I called it the official thread. That seems to be important around these parts.

So, let's be honest, you people abuse and character assassinate just about everybody who's known by more than two people. We all do it, I've done it myself in the past. It's why I'm here now.

This Thread

Second post in.

And I'd like to say, after watching Dara live on telly again last night and seeing how he improvs so much of his comedy, unlike people like billy Connolly who, although I'm a fan, does very little ad libbing.

Dara, mate, buddy, pal...I take it back. You're a funny lad.

So, any of you want to take anything back? Be nice...go on...try it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

The 20 seconds I spent reading your op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I was actually going to add to the first post that someone might try and be funny and say that. But then I thought..nah, surely they won't be that thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I was actually going to add to the first post that someone might try and be funny and say that. But then I thought..nah, surely they won't be that thick.

That post was only made so they could take it back at a later stage, when the guily sets in or something like that.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'd like take that time I called RTE a bunch of money grabbin' bastards.................. They're actually money grabbin' bastards who produce shite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

The one where I slated Kathryn Thomas for being an untalented egocentric twat with far too high a profile and an unsightly monobrow? I don't take it back at all. In fact I'd like to add to it if possible. Maybe start a reiteration thread....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

WWM is not a complete arsehole

I would like to take back my last post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

I regret nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Thanks should be taken away from AH, the amount of shít posted here looking for thanks is unreal. most posts are just looking for thanks rather than being funny.

mink_man wrote: »
    Thanks should be taken away from AH, the amount of shít posted here looking for thanks is unreal. most posts are just looking for thanks rather than being funny.

also why did the op get so many thanks...wasn't that thank-worthy to be honest.

Obsessed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

did you take a look at all your repeat posts in "you laugh you lose" recently brah?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ne regret rien.........

mikom wrote: »
    Obsessed...

Doenst get thanked ofter perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ne regret rien.........

Me too, the damage is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

snyper wrote: »
    Doenst get thanked ofter perhaps?

Look it up... the guy is posting 7 times a day & has just over a 35% thanks rate.

Pat Kenny could do better than that.

I take it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

And now you're looking for thanks by posting this! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I used to think Tommy Tiernan was funny, I take take that well back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Awaits series of posts from anyone who has ever wronged me here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Anything bad I've ever said about Muslims or Islam.
    Or any religion for that matter.

:(

Damn you, SV sequence breaker :mad:

Sorry SV ;)

bazmaiden wrote: »
    did you take a look at all your repeat posts in "you laugh you lose" recently brah?

I'm sure I had a look at them yes since I was indeed the person who posted them you arrogant little person. as I said in the thread, I was posting them as I came across them.

Obsessed...

good man mr. funny

yet another post seeking thanks..you got it..feel better now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

good man mr. funny

You really seem to hate it when other people's posts get thanked. I tell you what - just to make you feel better, I'll go back & thank all your posts in this thread, even though I don't identify with them or find them funny, enlightening or entertaining in any way.

You really seem to hate it when other people's posts get thanked. I tell you what - just to make you feel better, I'll go back & thank all your posts in this thread, even though I don't identify with them or find them funny, enlightening or entertaining in any way.
    can you find me another example of where I've said I don't like peoples posts getting thanked apart from in this thread.

I'd bet any money that if thanks was removed from AH then the amount of posts posted would be lowered.

Originally Posted by mink_man

Quote:

Obsessed...
    good man mr. funny

Obsessed... the directors cut*

* include an extra 9 minutes of never before seen whinging.

Quote:

Obsessed... the directors cut*

* include an extra 9 minutes of never before seen whinging.

I lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I did thank all your posts, but in the spirit of this thread, I took them back via the "remove" button. :D

I did thank all your posts, but in the spirit of this thread, I took them back via the "remove" button. :D

good man yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

can you find me another example of where I've said I don't like peoples posts getting thanked apart from in this thread.

I'd bet any money that if thanks was removed from AH then the amount of posts posted would be lowered.

Seriously? I truly doubt the number would be lowered. AH is a place to come and voice your opinion. If someone agrees with you, they can either say "Thanks" or they can post "I agree!". Therefore, in my opinion the amount of posts would actually increase.

Advertisement