Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse House Aprtments ;)

Options
  • 31-08-2010 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hey Dudes
    Starting my first year at lyit this year and got my apartment at pearse house apartments, read loads of comments on it and its been getting great reviefws and the land lady is so sound over to the phone, just wondering have any of yous stayed there or are staying there, whats your take on it? Its only 7 mins to the college i read so its not far at all, computer security and digital forensics here i come :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

Hey Dudes
    Starting my first year at lyit this year and got my apartment at pearse house apartments, read loads of comments on it and its been getting great reviefws and the land lady is so sound over to the phone, just wondering have any of yous stayed there or are staying there, whats your take on it? Its only 7 mins to the college i read so its not far at all, computer security and digital forensics here i come :D

Went to look at these apartments. Very nice place, clean, modern and safe. Although she has cameras on every corner of the hallways to watch your behavior, and doesn't approve of guests staying over and partying really. But other than that its a lovely place :) And yes about a 7 minute walk to the college, a great location for getting to main street too for nights out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paulrosswhelan

Ah Great, The Place has been getting great reviews, Cameras st ebery corner haha, oh my mother will be relieved :P Im On The Top Floor, How Big is the place, ive only seen pics of the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Its quite a small building, only 4 stories or so. Great location with the Main Street & Port Road (shops/night life) only a few minutes walk and a big retail park a two minute walk in the other direction.

Pretty sure theres a grocery shop in the big monstrosity of a building next door which is always handy. Theres also a sex shop on the ground floor if you're interested:p

a sex shop? Are You serious! Letterkenny dosent seem so boring now haha, :p Looks Like i Know where to apply for a Part Time Job now :p

a sex shop? Are You serious! Letterkenny dosent seem so boring now haha, :p Looks Like i Know where to apply for a Part Time Job now :p

Its closed down :P It was one of them head shops too. Its gone gone gone :L

• Advertisement

Its closed down :P It was one of them head shops too. Its gone gone gone :L

Noooo:eek: Haha
    ah doesnt suprise me, all them head shops are closing down, :D
    Do you go To Lyit? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Hey Dudes

My mate lived on the top floor last year nice sized apartment too expensive for me though!

He never had any bother with her but his flatmate got chucked out as she let her friend stay over for 2 weeks while her friend was apartment hunting.

Apparently she can be grand but I've had few friends live there in the past and maybe she has learnt her lesson with all the lawyers letters and such but I doubt it.

If she doesn't like you prepare to find her snooping about your flat/possessions without your permission. So make an effort of being really nice to her and you should be ok! :pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    My mate lived on the top floor last year nice sized apartment too expensive for me though!

He never had any bother with her but his flatmate got chucked out as she let her friend stay over for 2 weeks while her friend was apartment hunting.

Apparently she can be grand but I've had few friends live there in the past and maybe she has learnt her lesson with all the lawyers letters and such but I doubt it.

If she doesn't like you prepare to find her snooping about your flat/possessions without your permission. So make an effort of being really nice to her and you should be ok! :pac:

:eek: No Way, She Seems So so Sound Over the Phone, A Real sense of Humour. ah she'l love me :p So if the building is only like 3 floors, any idea of the amount of apartments there is in it? Whos Gunna Be My Neighbour?
    i already Know im Sharing With a Girl ;) and Next door to me are 2 lads doin the same course as me.

Do you go To Lyit? :rolleyes:

I do now :) Starting 1st year :p Cannot wait :D

I do now :) Starting 1st year :p Cannot wait :D

Ooh Same :D, What Course You Doin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Im staying in pearse as well, sharing with 2 other girls Iv no idea who they are though 1 of them is doing the same course as me.
    She seems a lovely woman, really friendly but talks for Ireland!

Yeah i Havent a clue who im stayin with, all i know is that the girl im sharin with is from sligo, and yeah anna may, thats her name yeah, yeah she talks for ages on the phone, shes hilarious! :p im deciding when to move in. monday the 13th? or sunday 12th? Some Effort Bringin All My stuff to the top floor:(:p

Yeah i Havent a clue who im stayin with, all i know is that the girl im sharin with is from sligo, and yeah anna may, thats her name yeah, yeah she talks for ages on the phone, shes hilarious! :p im deciding when to move in. monday the 13th? or sunday 12th? Some Effort Bringin All My stuff to the top floor:(:p

Im from sligo too! :D I know 3 other girls going up from sligo but the 3 of them are staying together. Didn't think there was anyone else from sligo staying there. By your username I gather your a fella? Im about 99% sure she told me I was sharing with 2 other girls so I doubt Il be sharing with you. Registration is at 11.30 so Il probably head up on the 12th.

dee o gee wrote: »
    Im from sligo too! :D I know 3 other girls going up from sligo but the 3 of them are staying together. Didn't think there was anyone else from sligo staying there. By your username I gather your a fella? Im about 99% sure she told me I was sharing with 2 other girls so I doubt Il be sharing with you. Registration is at 11.30 so Il probably head up on the 12th.

Haha Yeah Im a Fella:p, Yeah she was sayin im sharin with a girl from sligo on the top floor,So Ye Never Know:p, cant remember her name tho, sure ill know when i head up i suppose:D Yeah mine is at 11.30 too! what course are you doin?:)

:eek: No Way, She Seems So so Sound Over the Phone, A Real sense of Humour. ah she'l love me :p So if the building is only like 3 floors, any idea of the amount of apartments there is in it? Whos Gunna Be My Neighbour?
    i already Know im Sharing With a Girl ;) and Next door to me are 2 lads doin the same course as me.

Plenty apartments. You will probably get lost the first few times you come home drunk though with the layout :D

I HATED those stairs though I mean your legs will get some work out walking whole way up there every day. Elevator has been broke for years so doubt she got it fixed. :pac:

Think with the top floor you may only have one other flat across from you. Not too sure. That's cool that yous know the lads are doing same course will come in handy :)

The flat my friend was in had like a small circle window in it! So not sure if you in that one or the one across. It only has room for 2 people anyway. Sitting/Living room is good size compare to the rest of the flats. Plus one of the bedrooms is quite large. Get in before your flatmate and claim that one!

Plenty apartments. You will probably get lost the first few times you come home drunk though with the layout :D

I HATED those stairs though I mean your legs will get some work out walking whole way up there every day. Elevator has been broke for years so doubt she got it fixed. :pac:

Think with the top floor you may only have one other flat across from you. Not too sure. That's cool that yous know the lads are doing same course will come in handy :)

The flat my friend was in had like a small circle window in it! So not sure if you in that one or the one across. It only has room for 2 people anyway. Sitting/Living room is good size compare to the rest of the flats. Plus one of the bedrooms is quite large. Get in before your flatmate and claim that one!

An Elevator would be handy when drunk:D Yeah i think she mentioned there is only 1 other apartment on the top,
    ah no, if im sharing with a girl, she can have the bigger room, Keep her happy:p
    Prayin the broadband speeds are decent!:o

Haha Yeah Im a Fella:p, Yeah she was sayin im sharin with a girl from sligo on the top floor,So Ye Never Know:p, cant remember her name tho, sure ill know when i head up i suppose:D Yeah mine is at 11.30 too! what course are you doin?:)

Vet nursing. :D
    An Elevator would be handy when drunk:D Yeah i think she mentioned there is only 1 other apartment on the top,
    ah no, if im sharing with a girl, she can have the bigger room, Keep her happy:p
    Prayin the broadband speeds are decent!:o

She told me were not allowed use the elevator and that you've to have a key for it. :( You've to pay extra for the bigger room so it's not first come first served sort of thing. I hope the broadband is decent too!

Ye id say thats just ppl in wheelchairs, crutches ect...
    Ye i remembered that, ye the speeds better be better then my shoite 2mb:confused:
    Did she say how many of us first years are movin in?

Ye id say thats just ppl in wheelchairs, crutches ect...
    Ye i remembered that, ye the speeds better be better then my shoite 2mb:confused:
    Did she say how many of us first years are movin in?

I'd say the majority will be first years as nobody goes back!
    By time second year comes people will have made their friends and moved into houses as they work out cheaper.

Yeah I know my mate was paying a crazy amount of money for that bigger room. Go for the smaller then so!

I'd say the majority will be first years as nobody goes back!
    By time second year comes people will have made their friends and moved into houses as they work out cheaper.

Yeah I know my mate was paying a crazy amount of money for that bigger room. Go for the smaller then so!

Yeah i got the smaller room i thinks, but sayin that the apartment looks fairly big:D

• Advertisement

Yeah i got the smaller room i thinks, but sayin that the apartment looks fairly big:D

Whens the big move in date? :P I can't wait to move upto letterkenny :D Wheres the best place to head on a sunday night does anyone know? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Wheres the best place to head on a sunday night does anyone know? ;)
    Either "The Grill" or "The Orchard" :)

Whens the big move in date? :P

Sunday :D Agh Cant Wait :D Take it your the same?

iMuse wrote: »
    Either "The Grill" or "The Orchard" :)

Aw thanks ;):D

Sunday :D Agh Cant Wait :D Take it your the same?

Same :D Cannot wait :D:)
    Big hungover head at registration.. nice :o

The Orchard(nightclub part) is 21's at the weekend though only 18's on a Wednesday night. You can always chance it though!

Not sure if they will keep it like that with all the students coming back as they will be missing out on nice business if they keep it 21's.

I say go to Orchard for pints this Sunday then onto the Grill. Least then you get to check out the two places.

Good luck with the move folks!:) Make sure you bring the essentials and lots of tin food from the cupboards at home :p

Aw thanks ;):D

Same :D Cannot wait :D:)
    Big hungover head at registration.. nice :o

Haha Yeah Stop, Throw All The Stuff in the apartment door, then off to the pub:D Prayin Everyone in the apartments are sound:D What Floor Are You On?

Haha Yeah Stop, Throw All The Stuff in the apartment door, then off to the pub:D Prayin Everyone in the apartments are sound:D What Floor Are You On?

Excatly :D:D
    Awh i'm not in Pearse House, i just had a look at them when we were looking :D I'm in Ballyraine Campus.. should be an eventfull year haha.. i've heard stories about some crazy parties in that place :P

Excatly :D:D
    Awh i'm not in Pearse House, i just had a look at them when we were looking :D I'm in Ballyraine Campus.. should be an eventfull year haha.. i've heard stories about some crazy parties in that place :P
    Awh:( :p Yer i Heard Ballyraine is just party central:p

Awh:( :p Yer i Heard Ballyraine is just party central:p

Yeah, just hope i dont get too caught up in the partying :S haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 laniganoath

hey i are the pearse house apartments any good.kinda leaving this house hunting late and need ta find a place before monday:(

Advertisement