Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What satellite/channels can you get in Slovakia

• 31-08-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Mates on his way over to Slovak and would like to buy a sat box to veiw FTA etc, was wondering what sat's/ channels are available down that neck of the woods?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I dont really understand what your asking? Is he looking to watch UK FTA channels in Slovakia or Slovakian channels there?

Or is he wanting to bring a box back to Ireland to watch Slovakian channels here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Hi Snaps
    Not really sure myself when he asked. What satellites are down that direction. From what I understood he is heading over there and was wondering what he can get down/over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Lots. Over 15 satellites on an 80cm motorised Dish. maybe 20 on larger dish. You lose some of the Atlantic sats (maybe all beyond 12W) and very poor Astra 2D. But gain some East & Central Europe beams we can't get get here (Amos maybe). Likely gain some satellites beyond 42E that are below horizon here.

Huge difference in Dish size between East and West of Slovakia for Astra 2D though.

Some areas in west also get Austrian, Hungarian and Czech Terrestrial as well as Slovak TV.

Advertisement