Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abrupt loss in broadband speed.

• 31-08-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

The last two days now the broadband speed here has plummeted it seems for streaming media. Loading web sites seems to be okay but streaming flash content like youtube.com or thatguywiththeglasses.com leaves my connection very slow. Videos that would load within a short few minutes can now takes upwards of an hour.

I live in Cork, anyone else getting this? It's not just me, my housemate is also getting the same kind of problem on his laptop.

[Edit] I've tried the obvious things like turning the modem off and on for a minute but no dice, went into itself and restarted but still now good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

What service provider are you with? Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

Yes, sorry, should have specified that, Eircom. The slow down is tremendous, I'm trying to download a small, 2.7MB file and it's only going at 10.7 kB/s. I have the 7Mb/s but I generally get something akin to 5M/s speeds.

[Edit] I'm in the modem's settings at the moment and it's giving me 4Mb/s as my download speed and 384kB/s as my upload speed. Are they rolling out that uncontested broadband thing they were going on about a while back?

Advertisement