Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disprol soluable tablets for babies and toddler?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hi i was just wondering if this is available to buy in ireland ?

and if anyone has given this to their child? any side effects observed?

im trying to find an alternative to calpol for my children

( as calpol has too many E NUMBERS) which is no good for my little boys hyperactivity and possible ADHD

My little ones are 7 months old and 2 years, and disprol soluable says it contains just paracteamol which would be great for my boys!

appreciate any response x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You could try Paralink suppositries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 trixeybell

yep hun... we attempted it many months ago when he had a high fever with his teeth but he was having none of it, stressed him out too much trying to administer it!

i know its an option for our last resort but we wanted to find something out there he could take orally xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Does infant nurofen contain e numbers?

I think the best thing you can do is talk to your local pharmacist. They will have the best idea of what is on the market and what will be suited to your babies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 trixeybell

im not sure if it does contain E numbers but ive use it before and i find neurofen useless, its a analgesic, didnt find it any good when our little ones were sick and in the end we had to administer calpol with it to get a temperature to come down, wouldnt use it again to be honest

im gonna pop to my pharmacist in the morning and see what they've got :)

thankyou x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

trixeybell wrote: »
    im not sure if it does contain E numbers but ive use it before and i find neurofen useless, its a analgesic, didnt find it any good when our little ones were sick and in the end we had to administer calpol with it to get a temperature to come down, wouldnt use it again to be honest

im gonna pop to my pharmacist in the morning and see what they've got :)

thankyou x

I think they also have paralink syrup too... your Pharmacist should be able to help you. Hope you find something for them, FWIW my two's temp comes down with neurofen for some reason!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Nurofen can work to bring down a temperature, I would quite often give it to people with paracetamol allergies or even just patients who have had paracetamol and still are running a fever.

It can be given with paracetamol so I always keep some handy and its analgesic effects last longer than paracetamol.

I'm not sure what the ingredients are, its probably a mild antihistamine, but my friend is forever going on about Dozol! It can only be given to children over the age of 2 but its supposed to work wonders in children who are having trouble settling. If it turns out that Calpol is the only medicine available to you, maybe you could keep a bottle of this handy in case you child does get a bit hyper?

Advertisement