Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish products online to Britain?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Is there any Irish online shop selling Irish goods like Rock Shandy, Tayto and Spice Burgers that deliver to Britain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 123MEE

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tayto and Spice Burgers that deliver to Britain?
    Tayto will be hard to get
    123MEE wrote: »

From that shop
    Please note: We have changed suppliers recently & the crisps are the ones from the North not the South.
    They must have been caught by tayto UK. It would be trademarked in the UK so you are not allowed sell them there. A member here is a retailer and he got batchelors supernoodles in the UK (again different brand/company to batchelors ireland) and was told by batchelors Ireland he could not sell them here, they are sold as mcdonnells supernoodles here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

The Tayto from NI are bloody awful. They're like Walkers or something.

Is there a historical reason why excellent products like Tayto, Club and Walsh's Spice Burgers aren't sold in Britain?

Is Tayto UK a totally separate company? How'd that one happen :confused: Tayto was the first ever pre-flavoured crisp if I am not mistaken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

This topic seems to come up alot. Tayto here is Tayto Ireland. Obviously they didn't trademark the name in the UK and someone decided to set up a company in NI called Tayto.

Bulmers- Magners is another one.

The Walsh Spice Burger one might be solved by contacting the company to see if they do supply any product to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Corsendonk wrote: »
    The Walsh Spice Burger one might be solved by contacting the company to see if they do supply any product to the UK.
    Walshes are small enough and simply might not be able to expand, they did close down if you remember, and there were calls for "bring back the spiceburger", AFAIK the factory only makes spiceburgers now (they did make lots of stuff). I also noticed the new spiceburgers say they have been frozen and are not suitable for refreezing, I never noticed this before -I expect they might do runs and shut up shop and have them frozen.

They are really tasty so you would think they would licence them out for others to make, many chippers have not got spiceburgers back in though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Yeah the spiceburger was there best product. Sad to hear about Walshs that time I knew a couple of there reps well. Rustlers wiped them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

123MEE wrote: »

Em...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=126576&stc=1&d=1283643633
    What?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bregina

Was in Derby during the summer, Asda there have an ethnic aisle with an Irish section, pretty sure they had Taytos, red lemonade etc. Usually same products in all their stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Shops in the 6 counties often have the proper Irish products like Rock Shandy and that. Seeing Club ont he same shelf as Irn Bru in such abundance is great.

I did some weak research on the internet before into the history of Tayto and I think he licenced out or sold the name or something did he not?

Advertisement