Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else suffer from the FOMO?

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I always have bad nights when going to town or nightclubs, yet I always do it to myself.

Waste loads of money, go into work the next day hungover, probably suffer embarrassment.

Anyone else get the Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO)?

Must be an Irish thing...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

nope, rarely go out
    don't drink much, most of the time I'll just go to a friend's house and drink there.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

It's abit like religion - go to mass every week etc. Chances are nothing will ever come out of it but just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

The best nights are always the ones you just go down to your local for 'one'! Of course one turns into 15 and five years later you and your mates are still talking about 'that night'!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

Yup just can't say no. I hate being left out of the loop the next day when the reminiscing begins

• Registered Users Posts: 34,162 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fear of what?

Not getting pissed?

Give me fear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Yeah can't say no either. Shure why not? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

The Agogo wrote: »
    I always have bad nights when going to town or nightclubs, yet I always do it to myself.

Waste loads of money, go into work the next day hungover, probably suffer embarrassment.

Anyone else get the Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO)?

Must be an Irish thing...

Went out with someone for over three years who suffered (still does) with a major case of the FOMO. Needless to say it was a major factor in us breaking up- he can never seem to stay in for even one weekend, or if we ever went away anywhere, I knew he was only dying to be out on the town at home in case there was anything going on. Now there never was anything going on, but that never stopped him! I didn't mind it mostly, cos I like going out too, but as we got older I thought he'd snap out of how bad he is with going out all the time, but no... :(

I get the odd bit of FOMO myself but I appreciate a night in too, especially when in a relationship.

p.s. love your username, is it a "Friends" reference??! ("I added 'The Agogo' myself")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Having worked in a nightclub, categorically no. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

im quite the opposite, i might talk about going out that night, tell people im definitely going and at the last minute think fcuk it im not going anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Yes, but for the love of God drop the retarded acronym. You're not writing for the Sunday Independent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement