Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sort bills in your own name in apts.

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I have been renting rooms of years in houses so have never had to deal with the issue of getting bills in my own name. I will be renting an apartment for the first time and am unsure how to go about getting bills. I might be using the apt for less than a year, is there a time minimum? do you just ring up gas/esb and change name? They hardly just change names like that do they? what information will they need?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 triskellion

The existing bill holder will have to contact the esb / bord gais and have it transferred to your name with the reading at date of transfer.
    You may have to provide bank account details to set up a DD or else provide a deposit.
    Your landlord / their agent will handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Hi, I got a reading and rang up ESB and gave it to them and also gave them the details of the tenants. They asked me for an address to which to send my final bill, so I gave my parents' address. Then they said they would send out information about DDs etc to the tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Thanks, the landlord doesnt know what to do/ won't do anything as it's a friend of a friend and doesnt know really what to do (older woman).
    Am I able to change to airtriity? the big switch trying to keep costs down as will be my first tme living alone so will be paying bills in full
    what would people recommend to go with? was thinking board gas as i read if you pay dd you get it cheaper but think that only applies after a year?

Advertisement