Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Beers - Bracken Court Hotel Balbriggan, 1st Oct - POLL ADDED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i cant make the one next week but perhaps we can do a poll for the next one. as oppose to just saying its in balbriggan.

and then everyone has an input and we can see the most popular location. either way it would be good. ( make it more of a democracy :pac: ( that bit is just for hb))

No, I won't be there
    Martron wrote: »
    i cant make the one next week but perhaps we can do a poll for the next one. as oppose to just saying its in balbriggan.

and then everyone has an input and we can see the most popular location. either way it would be good. ( make it more of a democracy :pac: ( that bit is just for hb))
    I think the next one after this one is in Balbriggan because it's round two of the first one. I call this Oct 1st one the prelim and November 4th (although Cathy said 5th, people seem to be going for the 4th) the first official DCN beerfest.

Though if everyone is cool to move Nov 4th/5th to Rush, I'm cool with that!

Curious if anyone knows the taxi fares around DCN - Bracken Cabs do a great deal with 45 euro from the city centre - but what are the likely fares from Skerries, Rush, Swords? I'm not very familiar with DCN save for travelling on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm moving to Balbriggan pretty soon but unfortunately I won't be around the 1st October. Are there many of these outings in Balbriggan?

I'm coming from Cork city myself and we got a good thing going down there.

Looking forward to meeting some new people some time. :)

Hey Webmonkey!
    Good call moving to Balbriggan!! My husband is from Cork also, Douglas! Hope the move goes well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Just thought I d share this with you, but Nov 4 is my birthday..now we have a reason.Hope I can make it now.....oh, Im 21..I swear. no Really I am.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

No, I won't be there
    Budgese, are you still able to give Bracken Court a heads up and reserve us a table? Not sure how many people will attend in the end??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If people thanked the OP like I suggested in Post 40 then the number of attendees would be known.

Nobody listens to me. :(

I've added a Poll, so that my help get details of the numbers.

I won't be able to make it myself as I've had a few very heavy weeks at work & haven't seen Mrs Billy & the kids for a while, so it'll be straight off the plane on Friday evening & enjoy a nice quiet evening with my family.

(I'll be at the Milverton NS Table Quiz in the Hills Cricket Club on Saturday night though. ;))

No, I won't be there
    Hi guys... I'm currently not in Dublin but I'll be heading back tomorrow morning! I've been trying to log in and reply to this thread for an hour and a half... vodafone mobile internet! I haven't reserved a place because there doesn't appear to be enough of us to warrant it. I'll be there half an hour early anyway, I'm not hard to spot... I'm small, got short bleached blond hair... will be wearing jeans and a tshirt, not sure what yet, but the short bright white hair usually makes me easy enough to spot! I wont be getting back on boards till tomorrow afternoon the way this connection is behaving.... I'll get back to you then if there's any questions. I'm going to put the laptop in the bath in a minute, I'm going insane with it. Sorry I haven't been able to get on in the last few days!

No, I won't be there
    Just the 3 people? That's a bit sad... Especially considering I've to see this DarrenG fella about twice a week :o

Not cancelling or anything but it does slightly defeat the purpose of meeting up with DCn'ers if, really, there aren't any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭poochierockz

sNarah wrote: »
    Just the 3 people? That's a bit sad... Especially considering I've to see this DarrenG fella about twice a week :o

Not cancelling or anything but it does slightly defeat the purpose of meeting up with DCn'ers if, really, there aren't any!

It appears more people are able to make it to the possible November meetup.. maybe make that the first meeting? Just a thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hopefully good reports from this and the next will be an all ticket event:)

Its a good idea to have a meet up and a chat and should definatley get to next one. I cant commit either way as I have photos to take and dont know how long I will be tied up but might make it for half hour. For thoes who do get there hope you all have a good chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Ahhh,Ill miss you guys, have a good one.BEHAVE.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

No, I won't be there
    wow, small party it is then.

From small acorns do mighty oaks grow.

Sorry, folks - I'd love to go, but I need to see my wife & kids more. :)

No, I won't be there
    I'll be there even if I'm on my own!! Come on now lads, I came back from my parents' house this morning specially (that, and the 4 inch beauty of a spider that's living over my bedroom door... Balbriggan spiders me ar$e, they ain't a patch on what I've seen this week). All digressing aside, may as well have a quiet one of a Friday evening since I decided to organise this and it'd be pretty awful if the organiser didn't show... see ya later, if you decide to come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

No, I won't be there
    I will be there. What time are we saying?

No, I won't be there
    Wow, we never said a time!! Eejits we are then. 8pm alright?

Glad you are still coming out DarrenG, would have sat there on my own if I'd had to!

No, I won't be there
    I'll be there too!

No, I won't be there
    Great! My boyfriend will be with me too, but he's working tomorrow so I don't know how long he'll stay. I aim to get there somewhere between half seven and eight. I've decided to wear a black Morrissey tshirt, but the short platinum blond hair will probably stand out more! See you both later! :D

Deleted User. This is just a start. Well done for getting people togeather. Ah H.B says from little acorns...............

Enjoy the night and sure you wouldnt know who else might turn up!!!

• Advertisement

Enjoy.

nSarah take some pics!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'll definitely go to one if its in Swords. I just couldn't afford a taxi back from the Brig, plus I've a Debs to go to tomorrow. :D

No, I won't be there
    129575.jpg

Greetings from DarrenG, Budgese and sNarah @ the NCD drinks!

No, I won't be there
    129575.jpg

Greetings from DarrenG, Budgese and sNarah @ the NCD drinks!
    Yep I do look tiny but who cares! I am tiny!!

Great to meet you and Darren tonight. Simon is fast asleep but sure he feels to same. Lovely photo!!

Proves it happened eh!!

looking forward to the net one

No, I won't be there
    4th Novmber!

I asked the barstaff about reserving a place but he said there probably is no need. It's quiet on a Friday anyway.

you asked the barstaff in rush? i thought you were in balbriggan?:D

No, I won't be there
    Martron wrote: »
    you asked the barstaff in rush? i thought you were in balbriggan?:D
    Pedantics get less say. So there!

:P

• Advertisement

Yep I do look tiny but who cares! I am tiny!!!!
    Good goods come in small packets!!!

Lovely photo!!
    Proves it happened eh!!

And hopefully it is the first of many. Fair play to ye for giving it a go. See you all at the next one

Advertisement