Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice in the house - not happy at all

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

This evenning the horrible yokes were found in my bedroom, I heard some movement and when I searched around I found the hole they had knawed under my desk, they had chewed through part of the skirting board and a bit of the carpet

A mouse was caught in a snap trap yesterday in a different part of the house but I could still hear them running about in the walls/ceiling.

What is the best way to deal with this? Please don't mention those sonic yokes as they are useless and are pure hokum. I will not use a live trap as I live in a residential area and I don't believe in dumping the problem outside someone elses doorstep.

I was thinking of getting an electric trap off ebay, any experiences of these?

I'm sick of the cute hoors managing to get the off the trap without setting it off. Bits of mars bar and marzipan chocolate bar have been used as bait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

You can get easy to set mouse traps in B & Q which are very effective. They are better at catching mice than those useless hard to set wooden mouse traps. I used them before with some dog nuts and butter. The part where you put the bait (dog nuts) isnt good for holding the bait as the mice done a hit n run with the dog nuts so I used butter to hold the bait and it worked like a charm. Not one mouse escaped the trap.

PS. The mouse traps are black plastic that look similar to the old wooden traps with a V shaped arm to set the trap.

You could also get a kitten http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

We already have a cat! He has caught mice outside the house, he even got a rat or two but hasn't caught anything in a while. He has never caught anything inside the house. He used to eat the large mice/rats whole leaving only the head and shoulders. Ick.

I'll check out the black plastic ones on ebay. It is just so frustrating, there is never just one!

Advertisement