Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FML OK guess this is day 1 weather i like it or not

Options
  • 01-09-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

God the timing is all wrong but here gos anyway brief history
    20th of may 2009 give up drinking as was very big problem haven't drank since

Teeth in really bad shape due to total neglect

!st of September go to Hungary for a massive dental overhaul costing E10500 this includes 3 implants

now the FML part implantoligist tells me that i cant smoke after the implants have done some research on the internet and have discovered that there is a 20% greater chance of the implants failing if i smoke

I had already decided to give up but i had set myself up mentally for the !st of January 2011 as i was trying not to over do it with being of the drink as well but i guess God has a sense of humor and a plan so here goes i will keep you updated on my progress

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

are you going on the champix - I suggest you do - it takes all that craving away and you don't feel so crazy on it. Its a good way to get off them and highly recommend it.

i get my teeth done every three months because I know what smoking can do to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Best of luck man, I'm off them about 2 months now. I can't recommend which method will work for you staying off them, but I've found from the various times I've quit, having a definite reason for doing so definitely helps, for example, when I was off on my J1, I quit that Summer, but purely because the nearest shop was a 15 minute cycle into very strong winds, so lo and behold, the minute I left and came home I was back on them. I've also quit twice due to getting bronchitis and not being able to breathe, let along smoke, but gradually went back on them as I'd be always wanting to have one when I couldn't.
    This time, however, I just simply decided I didn't want to smoke any more. I was sick of the smell, of the cost, I don't want to get a chest infection every November for the rest of my life, I don't want any kids I eventually have to grow up in a smokey house, I don't want to miss half of every concert I go to because I have to nip out for a smoke every 20 mins.
    It is hard, there's no denying it, but think of the ten grand plus you spent on yourself, that's an incentive right there. Once you get over the first few days it does get easier, I wish you all the best wit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

are you going on the champix - I suggest you do - it takes all that craving away and you don't feel so crazy on it. Its a good way to get off them and highly recommend it.

i get my teeth done every three months because I know what smoking can do to them.

whats champix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

It is a drug from the GP
    Try Cold Turkey first and use other things then - but to be honest it is will power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Good Luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement